• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Connext Screen for 2018 210 FSH SPT

Legionnaire

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Purchased 2018 FSH SPT that is in great condition minus the Connext screen which had begun to delaminate allowing moisture to enter the device causing corrosion leading to failure. Ordered screen from Partzilla (F4A-U8K12-00-00 DISPLAY UNIT (Yamaha) )in Feb and still waiting to receive. Email response each week is that OEM has modified shipment date meaning whomever they receive the parts from (assume Yamaha) doesn't have the parts to provide. Any help in locating a parts dealer or dealership that has the part available would be greatly appreciated. I am able to operate without it although take special attention to watch pilot tubes and other systems. Glad analog tachs have idiot lights for overheating!

Thanks in advance for your assistance

Mark

Frank Marshall

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I've had the same part on order since May 30, 2022. Same issue with delivery and delamination. Ordered from Yamaha Sports Plaza.

Legionnaire

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I've had the same part on order since May 30, 2022. Same issue with delivery and delamination. Ordered from Yamaha Sports Plaza.
Frank, Have you received the connext screen or are you still waiting? A year would be inexcusable by Yamaha

Legionnaire

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just received update from Partzilla that earliest I will receive a new Connext screen is End of September. Need some help on finding a screen. Concerned I will get stranded at some point. Find this completely ridiculous. HELP

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Sorry to hear about your screen…. I’ve had really good luck with Vallely Sport and Marine in Bismarck North Dakota. If they do not have the part they can probably give you the straight dope on when the units are expected to be in stock. I’ve mainly dealt with Dan in parts.

701-258-9223

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thank you for the info. Will be calling today!
You are welcome! At the very least hopefully you can get accurate information.

I don’t like any of those parts houses, E.G. Partszilla, I truly believe all of them are the same company, in fact when I called two different ones in the past the same guy answered the phone, and upon closer inspection their web sites are the same except for the background colors. Then I figured out they were just using my money as operating capital when they knew they didn’t have the parts, and also knew the parts weren’t going to be available.

The other store I’ve had good luck with is Babbitts on line, but I like Vallely Sport and Marine the best.

Frank Marshall

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I called Yamaha trying to get some help. They told me they expected a shipment of screens to arrive early July, but not written in stone. Let's cross our fingers. They also asked for my 8-10 digit Yamaha order number to assure I was in the que.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I called Yamaha trying to get some help. They told me they expected a shipment of screens to arrive early July, but not written in stone. Let's cross our fingers. They also asked for my 8-10 digit Yamaha order number to assure I was in the que.
Well that’s not far off! Hopefully that comes to pass and you get your connext screens.

Legionnaire

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Frank, Can you pass me the contact info for Yamaha that assisted you, I’m having no luck getting through.
Thanks

Legionnaire

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Amazingly enough, I found a Florida Yamaha Dealer that had a Connext screen in stock (1). The only one available in the state of Florida according to my local shop search. I am amazed at the lack of parts for these boats as much as I love it. Looking forward to putting it in next weekend.
Anyone have the "Boatmodel" number that needs to be entered to set up the screen correctly for the 210 FSH SPT

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Amazingly enough, I found a Florida Yamaha Dealer that had a Connext screen in stock (1). The only one available in the state of Florida according to my local shop search. I am amazed at the lack of parts for these boats as much as I love it. Looking forward to putting it in next weekend.
Anyone have the "Boatmodel" number that needs to be entered to set up the screen correctly for the 210 FSH SPT
Excellent! That model number should be in your owners manual? Did you ever call Vallely?

Legionnaire

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Didnt need to as I drove a mile to a boat dealer that sales Yamaha Outboards, asked if they could see inventory and he kindly called the dealer that had the part and I was off to the races. Separately, I have the model number but not sure if that is the same as the number needed for the set up. I will surely try next weekend when I am able to install. Appreciate you

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That’s awesome man! Good luck with the replacement! Please let us know how it all works out!

That dope you got from the Yamaha outboard dealer is what I was hoping that Vallely would do for you.

Legionnaire

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Will record all steps taken and ensure they are posted for others. Thanks again or getting me off my dead a$$ and reaching out to other dealers!!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
How much is a new screen from a dealer. Which one is it? 7”?

Legionnaire

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Its is the 4.7 inch for the FSH models and the cost was $800

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Legionnaire

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I received the new Connext screen for my 2018 210 FSH SPT and hoped that it would be plug and play. Guess what? It was!!! Ensured batteries were disconnected, pulled the dead one out of the dash. Inserted new one, connected molex connector. I then prayed that I hadn't wasted 800 bucks. Applied battery power to the system, turned on the start battery with kill switch in place and keys in ignition turned one click without starting to give power to the screen. Screen booted perfectly, shod fuel and voltage and I was able to enter diagnostic mode hoping that I didn't have to put in a boat model number that of course I dont have as it is close hold data by Yamaha to ensure they get a few hundred more out of the service call.
System didnt capture original hours which I was afraid of based on other posts. I hooked up my hoses, started the motors applied water and away we went. Immediately buzzer and warning light at bottom right of screen lit up. When I pressed the warning icon, it stated I was over my service interval of 200 hours (which meant if captured my original hours once the motors were started. I went into the motor wellness info and reset the service period (similar to resetting oil change light in your car). Reset both motors, alarms went of and the system is running perfectly and showing original hours. Intend to take it out on Saturday to test the fuel, trip and speed information.
I intend to keep the one I have on order from Partzilla with anticipated date of arrival sometime in September. I am sure there will be someone that needs one and wont be able to get one for a very long time. Thanks to all who provided input to the blog.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That’s totally awesome!!!!!!

congrats and thank you for the follow up.