• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Curious - Why do the AR / SX series of 190 seem faster than the FSH ??

- 30 gal tank
- Not sure
- mix of 87/93 octane marine fuel
- New plugs /full service in May... only 5 hrs on them. Boat only has 15ish hrs on it
- Salt and brackish

- Impeller/wear ring like new... only 15 hrs - no damage
- Gap is good
- perhaps

Thank you

Right on…

I assume you are mixing the 87/93 to get 91? Very respectfully submitted, according the owners manual your boat, a 1.8L NA engine requires 86 octane fuel. Running higher octane than what is specified will hurt your engine performance, less power and more internal heat. I mix 85 and 91 octane non ethanol fuel to get 86. I use this calculator.

Salt water is more dense than fresh water.. so if you are hunting for that extra few hundred rpms a properly pitched impeller will give you that. I‘m waiting on delivery of my high altitude impellers to get the rpms that I’m missing.

Running higher octane than what is specified will hurt your engine performance, less power and more internal heat.
This is a pretty common misconception. Running a higher octane fuel won't hurt engine performance. Won't help either. Only thing it does is make your wallet a bit lighter than it would have otherwise. I can go into great detail on why if you like.

I run 87 octane pump gas. This is usually E10 (10% ethanol) fuel. If you can find some 87 Octane "rec gas", or ethanol free you would be well versed to do so, but I wouldn't go out of your way to do so.

The 1.8s N/A engines do not have knock sensors, TTBOMK. They actually run faster on regular 87 octnae

__

My USUAL fuel stop is 87 or 89 octane marine fuel... sometimes "on occasion" I find myself at the marine pump with 93 octane. But either way, I'm not intentionally mixing for octane... I'm fine with the marine 87 octane.

Anyone else running the Lucky 13 cone? If so, which spacer/combo works best on the 190 NA engines?

Thanks for all the input!

Back