• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Damaged boat at pickup

Tro210

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well we paid for the new 2022 AR210 in January. Went for drlivery pickup and found a huge scratch deep into the fiberglass. So didn't get to bring my brand new boat home. They said they will fix it. I just feel they should do something more. Any thoughts on this?Screenshot_20220329-204701_Messages.jpg

Last edited:

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Well we paid for the new 2022 AR210 in January. Went for drlivery pickup and found a huge scratch deep into the fiberglass. So didn't get to bring my brand new boat home. They said they will fix it. I just feel they should do something more. Any thoughts on this?
Absolutely! As a courtesy and reputation, they should do more. Probably only you could determine what that should be. Maybe add a year to any warranty you might have. Throw in a boat cover. At least one free oil and plug change? Something to recognize and rectify your dissatisfaction. Unfortunately, if you’re already committed to the purchase of the boat, they have the upper hand. These days it’s all about reviews, so maybe let them know you plan to let others know how you feel through a review and it’s up to them how that review will go.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Yes they should absolutely extend some type of courtesy for selling you a brand new boat that is damaged. I understand it will be like new when you do finally get it, but its the principle of the thing for me. I would be very frustrated. Unfortunately I wouldn't expect anything from them, in this environment right now dealers don't have to worry about anyone walking away from a purchase. Situations like this also make me want to rant on the "Dealer Prep" fees, because how much "Prep" are they actually doing if they completely miss a deep gouge in the side of the boat.

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This sucks and understand being a bit upset. It will be fixed and you’ll never notice...

But what exactly do you want that would qualify as something more? And have you asked for this something more?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Well we paid for the new 2022 AR210 in January. Went for drlivery pickup and found a huge scratch deep into the fiberglass. So didn't get to bring my brand new boat home. They said they will fix it. I just feel they should do something more. Any thoughts on this?
How big was the scratch and where was it located? Who found the scratch?

What would you have them do? Chances are that gouge isn’t their fault.

From an excellence in CSR performance perhaps the 10 hour service could be covered by them, but again, I would not expect anything more than them fixing the gouge perfectly and that would be it.

Tro210

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the replies. What do i want from them is the big question. I just feel the repair will not look like new and will be noticed. It is very frustrating cause whoever did the damage knew they did it and it was not fixed before we picked it up. I just feel like they were trying to get us off the lot with it that way, so they could say not our problem.

Tro210

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How big was the scratch and where was it located? Who found the scratch?

What would you have them do? Chances are that gouge isn’t their fault.

From an excellence in CSR performance perhaps the 10 hour service could be covered by them, but again, I would not expect anything more than them fixing the gouge perfectly and that would be it.
The gouge is over an inch long and almost goes all the way through. It has to be their fault no one else has had this boat since it came in. It is back by the swim platform.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for the replies. What do i want from them is the big question. I just feel the repair will not look like new and will be noticed. It is very frustrating cause whoever did the damage knew they did it and it was not fixed before we picked it up. I just feel like they were trying to get us off the lot with it that way, so they could say not our problem.
You might be surprised with the repair results. A pro can repair it and you would never know it was there. Just curious, was the gouge above or below the swim platform? (It might not matter how it looks if below.)

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Situations like this also make me want to rant on the "Dealer Prep" fees, because how much "Prep" are they actually doing if they completely miss a deep gouge in the side of the boat.
I feel like that too as the prep fee is to make sure the boat is 100%, but it depends on the scratch, location, did it happen after prep, etc.

My boat was brand new and untouched - still wrapped up from the factory. The passenger seat did not slide and lock properly. But that's not something I would expect the dealer to check, and since the seats are made and installed at the factory, it wouldn't be their fault. Turns out it was an easy fix when it went in for the 10hr service. More irritating was the battery installation - some kid must have done that as they scratched the gelcoat under the seat by sliding the heavy batteries across the gelcoat. Again an easy fix, but that was irritating as it was caused by poor installation.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
It's an annoyance for sure. I would try asking for something like perhaps a free oil change or a free oil change kit for yourself, or warranty extension, something that doesn't hit them hard.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Let's be honest..... A lot of dealers don't do a good job at delivery and then take long to resolve issues. And these fees are getting out of control. Would be better to just be able to have the option to order one and have shipping company just drop it off at the house some assembly required. I would rather them not have the fees and let me set up my own boat if I had the choice to do it again.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, my dealer did a Fantastic Job, no issues whatsoever. But I was referring to the ridiculous fees I see dealers charging now for delivery/Setup/Prep and the less than optimal job/condition that some are getting their boats at pickup.

Last edited:

Yambers

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
These days, you are luxky to have a boat at all. I highly, HIGHLY doubt they give you anything extra. I had a gouge in mine when I bought it. They fixed it, cant notice it, but the dealer wouldnt even come up off of some orange lifejackets. Be happy you got one and consider yourself lucky. Not being negative, just realistic given the times.

Tro210

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You might be surprised with the repair results. A pro can repair it and you would never know it was there. Just curious, was the gouge above or below the swim platform? (It might not matter how it looks if below.)
Above

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I'll chime in with some others - if they take it to a quality shop you will never be able to find it, it will 100% be like brand new. So although I'm in your camp on the frustration, don't worry about it being noticed if its done right --- make sure its fixed right, meaning you can't even find it, a quality shop can do this and don't let them tell you they can't.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Try to get the 10 hr maintenance out of them.

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Would question how they could let a boat out their possession with obvious damage unless it happened that day.

When I test drove and bought mine (same day) the dealer had gone over it with a fine tooth comb. It was filled with gas and it was detailed, even the trailer.

Make dang sure the repair meets your expectation for sure and of course Congrats On The New Boat!

Tro210

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It very well could have happened that day cause it didn't have any damage in January. Some suspicious things went on when doing test ride at pickup. That is why I felt they knew it happened and tried to get us off the lot with it. Frustrated first time boat owner

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you have a pic of the scratch? was it in the white part of the boat or in a colored part of the gel coat?

Tro210

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes wife took pics and it was in the white part