• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Eglin AFB Crash...RIP

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Not sure if you guys are aware but we lost 11 soldiers last night in a Blackhawk helicopter crash where I live. They were flying a training mission out of Eglin Air Force Base last night in heavy fog and crashed into the Sound, 7 Marines on board with 4 other soldiers I believe to be Air Force.

Very sad. Breaks my heart. RIP Men.

Very sad!
RIP

As a neighbor to the East, it hits close to home here also. I heard the 4 were Army. Which really hits home, I was Army forever ago. RIP men...Thank you for your service/sacrifice.

I truly can't say this enough - and I will say it every single chance I get!

To all that serve, and their families - thank you for all your sacrifices!

Four Army Reserve flight crew, seven special ops Marines. Also a single Marine ground crew was killed in an aircraft accident at Yuma today. All brave Americans training to take the fight to the enemy when called upon.

RIP brothers and sisters...

So sad.....my daughter is stationed at Eglin. Really hits home. [flag]

7 were from MARSOC which is where I live.

Pretty experienced crew....going inadvertent in a helicopter tests even the best pilots. Praying for the Soldiers and the families but glad to know their sister ship made it home safe.

The amount of support and American Pride around here since the crash has been tremendous. But I expect nothing less. All flags at half mast and memorials at key locations. During the week of their training, both Blackhawks were flying out of the Destin Airport, which is 1/2 mile from my house. There is a huge makeshift memorial outside the airport fence now, right where the copters were parked. This was made by the Destin residents. It's impressive. I'll take a pic tomorrow.

The 7 were from my old stomping grounds as well. I was very sad when I heard and I know it is worse when this occurs in your group. I don't think I heard if the cause was determined yet. RIP to all!

I don't like jumping to conclussions, but I will say it was VERY foggy that night. Visibility was extremely low.

Here is a pic outside the fence of the Destin Airport right where both Black Hawks were parked.

I will say this, this pic does not do this memorial justice. I took this last week.

Screenshot_2015-03-26-21-24-29.png

And this was today. Looks like they were gearing up.

Screenshot_2015-03-26-21-22-45.png

Back