• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Engine running, no water from side.....

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If there’s no water at any RPM, I’d be nervous.
Of course I would be nervous, too, no argument there!
The point though is, in a majority of those cases only the external part of the "pisser" hose/nozzle becomes obstructed usually by a mud dubber.

I have had it happen twice (no water coming out of a pisser hole).

The first time it was a dubber. Don;t remember exactly what I did, poked around the hole and the hose with something and stuff came out running with water. Problem solved, big relief, I was sweating bullets - happened right during my launch at Ft. Lauderdale for the 2016 Bimini crossing in my SX190, not the best time to have somethign like that happen!

The second time it happened in my AR240, was left on a lift in freezing weather, long story short water froze in the intake cooling line and an engine overheated almost right away as I was pulling out of the slip. Took me a while to figure that one out, now I never forget to blow my engines out of the water, and I have an automatic Pali engine heater for boating in winter months.

--

Reactions: Gym

Seattle_Phaeton

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry to bring up an old thread but want to say thank you. Had the AR 250 out for the 4th time this weekend. Launched the boat had my son start it while I parked the truck. On my way to get in the boat I noticed the port pisser did not have any water coming out. Tried some throttle, tried restarting and still no water. Opened the hatch did not see anything wrong. I started get very frustrated.... then Googled Yamaha pissser not working and it brought me here. A few minutes of reading what others had posted..... got a long zip tie out of the supplies and put it in the pisser and hit a stop.. dirt. Knocked out as much as I could had my son start the boat and the water did the rest and pushed out what dirt was left. Had a great day on Lake Washington with friends and family thanks to those who to the time to post and shar

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
This forum is truly amazing with the information you can find here. Glad it helped you!

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Sorry to bring up an old thread but want to say thank you. Had the AR 250 out for the 4th time this weekend. Launched the boat had my son start it while I parked the truck. On my way to get in the boat I noticed the port pisser did not have any water coming out. Tried some throttle, tried restarting and still no water. Opened the hatch did not see anything wrong. I started get very frustrated.... then Googled Yamaha pissser not working and it brought me here. A few minutes of reading what others had posted..... got a long zip tie out of the supplies and put it in the pisser and hit a stop.. dirt. Knocked out as much as I could had my son start the boat and the water did the rest and pushed out what dirt was left. Had a great day on Lake Washington with friends and family thanks to those who to the time to post and shar
Nice! This forum has helped me out plenty of times too. Keep in mind that that’s not the only reason water may not come out. I only had one pisser working last night but I knew it was because I had sucked up some debris. We were both lucky it wasn’t anything more time consuming.