• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First boat! 255XD.

Cryptorally

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey everyone. I’ve been reading a lot of post for over a year! Deciding then waiting on the boat! Got it a few weeks ago and been to the lake 4 times. I’m in love with the boat. Super easy to unload and load. Drive etc! Love the color and sound system! By looking at some post. Really want to take a trip to Destin area then next year do the Bahamas cross! Thanks everyone for all your posts they really do help!

Attachments

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Very nice looking boat. I bet your having a great time with it. Congratulations!!

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Very nice "first" boat ! Guess you subscribe to the theory of buying your dream boat first ? Congrats and Enjoy , lots of good times ahead.

Cryptorally

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Very nice "first" boat ! Guess you subscribe to the theory of buying your dream boat first ? Congrats and Enjoy , lots of good times ahead.
Haha yeah. Not going to lie. Was a bit scared getting this one as my first boat. But surprisingly it’s been easy to load and unload. Maybe years in the jetski def helped. Also. Wanted the power of the superchargers and good space for the family and friends.

Cryptorally

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Very nice looking boat. I bet your having a great time with it. Congratulations!!
Thank you sir! Def loving it and can’t wait for the memories in it. This forum def made me fall in love with boating.

ShowMeYourJets

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hey everyone. I’ve been reading a lot of post for over a year! Deciding then waiting on the boat! Got it a few weeks ago and been to the lake 4 times. I’m in love with the boat. Super easy to unload and load. Drive etc! Love the color and sound system! By looking at some post. Really want to take a trip to Destin area then next year do the Bahamas cross! Thanks everyone for all your posts they really do help!
Congrats! I ordered one last August... was going to be our 1st boat as well. Nice to see that someone got one.
I gave up and got a 2109 242XE. Best of luck out on the water!

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Super Congratulations on that new ride.

Cryptorally

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Congrats! I ordered one last August... was going to be our 1st boat as well. Nice to see that someone got one.
I gave up and got a 2109 242XE. Best of luck out on the water!
I don’t Blame you I also had to wait since right before august.

Hergy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
Very nice boat! I’m sure you’ll make many happy memories with it! Congrats!

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very nice! Your supposed to start a POS not a dream boat lol! Have a rockin’ summer on that jet.

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Cryptorally

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Very nice! Your supposed to start a POS not a dream boat lol! Have a rockin’ summer on that jet.
Haha true true. I thought About it. But told myself I would be extra extra careful while learning. But the Drive system makes it super easy to dock or load. Slow speed def a little tricky. Will think about the upgrades soon!

Cryptorally

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Very nice boat! I’m sure you’ll make many happy memories with it! Congrats!
Thank you! It’s def been fun showing family and friends lakes and areas they’ve never seen before!

EJG5150

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
Followed a similar path as you, did a ton of research off this site for over a year, went from a wakeboard boat to a 2022 Scarab 255 id this year and absolutely love the boat. Picked up the idea of the same trips off this site. Destin/Ft. Walton area next June likely , really like the idea of the Bimini trip as well.

Attachments

RNYCLV

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations!!!! That's one sexy ride!!! Enjoy and welcome to the addiction.

Cryptorally

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Followed a similar path as you, did a ton of research off this site for over a year, went from a wakeboard boat to a 2022 Scarab 255 id this year and absolutely love the boat. Picked up the idea of the same trips off this site. Destin/Ft. Walton area next June likely , really like the idea of the Bimini trip as well.
Nice color! And right? Those trips ideas def got me excited about getting a bigger boat. Figured it would be more comfortable. This year def stay here at the lakes but next year want to take it to florida. Then maybe Bahamas trip.

Cryptorally

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Congratulations!!!! That's one sexy ride!!! Enjoy and welcome to the addiction.
Haha addicting it is! Want to add either a front facing soundbar or two more tower speakers. Then do the cobra or thrusters. Need to read more in it before deciding.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Way to go! I like that you went big on your first boat! Might as well get the best you can and enjoy it! I had the same thought process for the boat I got.

Glad to see that you got the boat and used it first before adding a bunch of stuff. Keep practicing with the propulsion and drive system… I totally agree with you about the boat being easy to launch and load, I do it by myself all the time, the only challenge there can be the wind but you get used to it.

Have fun and enjoy your new boat!

Cryptorally

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Way to go! I like that you went big on your first boat! Might as well get the best you can and enjoy it! I had the same thought process for the boat I got.

Glad to see that you got the boat and used it first before adding a bunch of stuff. Keep practicing with the propulsion and drive system… I totally agree with you about the boat being easy to launch and load, I do it by myself all the time, the only challenge there can be the wind but you get used to it.

Have fun and enjoy your new boat!
Thank you! Yeah the drive is a game changer but steering is weird around 10mph. Have to over correct a lot. But def gets better with practice.