• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fish Box ice test

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So on Sunday I filled my forward fish box about 2/3 full of ice with the hopeful anticipation of tossing more salmon in there on a quick one day trip to Lake Oahe. While it has NOT been HOT, just high 60’s during the day and low 50’s at night, that fish box is still 1/4 full of ice after sitting in the sun for two full days, and being on the water in 72* water for a full day, plus the 400 mile round trip. I’d call that a successful test as it was the first time I’d ever put ice in there. Just need to get some fish in there as well!

IMG_4238.jpeg

Last edited:

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It doesn't do so well when hot, 1 bag of ice barely lasts me 8 hours at 90 degrees. 2 bags were gone before 24 hours.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I put 40# of ice in there. I’ll be happy if I can fill it with fish and it keeps them ice cold until I can get them cleaned. If I can get two days by just adding another bag I’ll be very happy.

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If i fill mine up solid it will last a couple of days in the georgia heat. If I have drinks and food in there it will go about 24 hours. Ice helps Ice, ya know. It gets the job done pretty well. anything serious and i will use my yeti knock off coolers. I also use the livewell for drinks as an overflow for water and gatorades ect.. It will go about 8 hours, i put the plug in otherwise it would probably all melt in that timeframe. It gets hot next to the motor and has little to no Insulation.

Jet Boat Okie

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
In my boat, that’s the kids ice chest, they load it up with watermelon, drinks, yogurts, string cheese, fruit cups and ice it down. Last all day in 110 degree heat… that said, the adult ice chest is under the captains chair, a little more important my beverages stay frosty.

I put my fish in a large cooler I strap to thestep on the back of the boat, less blood and guts in the boat. It’s actually great, open the lid and land the fish rich into the chest.