• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fluid dynamics R&D trim nozzle.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
X-H2o
Hey guys!
I've mainly been developing this for the mini jetboat crowd but it may be of some interest here aswell, I'm not sure if anyone has ever looked at going this route but it offers a few advantages over the standard diverter after nozzle configuration.

Pictured is billet stainless to retain a small footprint while still being durable enough to deal with pumping abrasives and debris but I'd be happy to do a run of aluminium if there's enough interest to suit pumping clean water!

Having the pressure generated directly before the exit means you're not fighting a pressurised Jetstream to turn or trim. Nozzle size can be changed by simply swapping out the insert, this nozzle can go from 70mm upto 90mm.
Clearance between the bowl and deflector is no more than 0.5mm throughout all motion of the nozzle to maintain pressure and accuracy.
I've used a mix of delrin bushes and stainless bearings for a very light and positive steering feel.

Feel free to ask any questions or make suggestions

Attachments

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
do you have any links for the mini jet boat crowd that uses these ?
have you ever put one of these on a jetski or current jet boat ?
where are you located ?
are you a business or just an individual ?

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
These have literally just finished development, I started on them about 7 weeks ago so all very fresh and new!
Durability testing is going to be underway shortly.
Just putting some feelers out to an idea of interest 🙂
Individual, for now but you could call it a start up.
Im in newzealand.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Yamaha jet skis have trim on them and some say it is compatible with the boat pumps as long as you use the nozzles and reverse hoods as those are so good but who knows

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I would love Trim.
but reveres on a boat is a must.
and a bit tricky with this unit?.
1. all of the modern yamahas have a tie rod to the keel rudder.
2. our reveres buckets only close off the nozzle. but the nozzle directs the flow down and forward.
3. The current Yamaha setup on the boat let them hold neutral/ stationare pretty well.
So those are some of the issues BUT lets make this happen.
I WANT DUAL ROSTER TAILS!!!
Is this your product??

1694157807359.png

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
I would love Trim.
but reveres on a boat is a must.
and a bit tricky with this unit?.
1. all of the modern yamahas have a tie rod to the keel rudder.
2. our reveres buckets only close off the nozzle. but the nozzle directs the flow down and forward.
3. The current Yamaha setup on the boat let them hold neutral/ stationare pretty well.
So those are some of the issues BUT lets make this happen.
I WANT DUAL ROSTER TAILS!!!
Is this your product??

View attachment 208109
I agree, that's something i'm working through aswell. Reverse bucket mounts will be integrated into the tailpipe adapter, as will the reverse actuator mount and trim actuator mount.
No, that's a southern jet nozzle. Cast aluminium with sloppy tollerances.
Mine is billet stainless and 100% of every surface is machined. No nasty cast finish.

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Looks like yamaha may have done most of the work for us. I was at my dealer this weekend and found that the DRIVE-X system has a updated nozzle reverse bucket and no keel rudder.

Attachments

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@jacoviii Help me understand. Are you saying that is the new Yamaha reverse bucket?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like yamaha may have done most of the work for us. I was at my dealer this weekend and found that the DRIVE-X system has a updated nozzle reverse bucket and no keel rudder.
Interesting reverse bucket.

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Yes the boats 2023 and up with the new DriveX system should look like this. I tried to order the parts but are unavailable at this time on the online sites. I will call my parts guy on Tuesday to see if he can get them.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
here is one of my skies doing the get away from me reverse move. It has a round nozzle and a split angled reverse hood those would fit on the boat pumps and they also have trim . For several years there was a person from BARNEYS in St Pete FL that was modifying sea doo nozzles and reverse gates for the Yamaha pumps . The Achilles keel on the boats has some serious issues in my opinion . That being said time will tell. I posted a picture of that latest setup on my web page a while back advising people I am sitting back and evaluating this setup and not offering any steering yet although I have several patented systems that would work with it.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Interesting. Sure looks similar to the Sea-Doo design.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Also in for trim and some rooster tails! But mainly trim, because that would be amazing for wakeboarding and surfing.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
I've got some pricing worked out, just need to get some testing done 🙂

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length

Based on a an aerial video that I saw it looks like the nozzles might be able to move independently from each other..... that is probably why there is no AK / rudder.

Figures.... I picked up one of the last '22 275SD's and then they came out with the DriveX and I don't think it would be an easy.... or cheap..... "upgrade" for Drive boats.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That makes me wonder what the 255 FSH H model buckets look like.