• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Gas Prices vs Boat Prices

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Do you have a gas cap on your 2022 Ram? I have a 2020 1500, that does not have a gas cap.

Jim
No, but I was going to add one. Backordered until late May

Skierdad

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Maybe this is the time to approach my wife with my idea of a 30x40 insulated & heated shop....you know....to keep out the gas thieves.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
regarding locking gas caps.....I thought most modern day cars and truck have something inside the filler neck that will not allow a hose to be inserted into the tank for siphoning. I have tried it on my 2014 Silverado, and there was no way to siphon from the filler neck.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
On Monday, diesel was $5.29 at my local mini mart. Today it's $6.37. This summer is going to suck. Just cancelled my RV rental for June.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
On Monday, diesel was $5.29 at my local mini mart. Today it's $6.37. This summer is going to suck. Just cancelled my RV rental for June.
The gas station by my work had diesel at 5.30 a gallon here, regular at 4.19. That's the largest split for diesel I've ever seen here, usually it's 50 cents.

Made the idea of a diesel Tahoe a lot less appealing instantly, I'll tell you that much.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Had the keystone pipeline not been cancelled in January of 21 it would have been in service last month with a very high probability of insulating the US against these totally ridiculous oil prices.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Had the keystone pipeline not been cancelled in January of 21 it would have been in service last month with a very high probability of insulating the US against these totally ridiculous oil prices.
Respectfully, this is not true.

There is no US marketplace for oil. There is a world marketplace. It is this world marketplace that sets the price for oil, and the price that we pay at the pumps is a reflection of the world market. We currently produce and consume about 20% of the world's oil supply, and are the world's larger supplier of oil.

Jim

MajorBummer210

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The petroleum industry actually coined the term “fossil fuel” themselves. They intentionally did it to make petroleum seem scarce, so they could control prices. They didn’t realize people would so deeply buy into the nonsense, and they actually have hurt themselves in an effort to make fuel seem like a potentially scarce commodity. The oil and gas industry discovered a long time ago that petroleum is actually produced by the abiotic oil theory. = The earth’s mantle through magma is what actually produces oil. It’s why an oil well will run dry, and a decade or so later will begin producing again. One of the oldest commercial oil rigs “Spindletop” from 1901, is said to still capable of producing oil.
I am a Petroleum Geologist. This statement is absolutely hilarious. Thank you for the entertainment.