• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hangtyte Support System Install - 2016 AR240 (Getting Rid Of The Poles)

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is the tower not going to fall off with the added weight?
I know, right? hey, I'm taking my chances.
I guess if it does fall - it will clearly be a case of "operator error". Again.
:D

--

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Got mine today. Not installing the black cover until the pollen blows itself out next month, but looking forward to it.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got one for my birthday. Now I need to decide whether it goes on the front or the back or ... um ... in the middle?

Or do I go buy a second?

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
24s need two - basically where the current poles support.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah, I was afraid of that...

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just ordered mine today also, I'm to fat and old to crawl around under the cover. I might get a cheap boat hook to grab the rope from outside the boat, just a thought.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Installed mine they work great. I can use the boat hook from the dock to pull them tight or should I say tyte.

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Almost tripped on the anti-pooling tether/stap and fell out of the boat today ... from the lift. Recanted my earlier sediments on this mod and bought two HangTytes today. JB members thanks for the nudge forward ... but I am blacklisting myself from the forum for a few weeks to slow the boat monetary outflow.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I really like this mod. Although I am more than willing to cut numerous holes in my boat, I'm not sure I can bring myself to cut a hole in a perfectly good cover. :eek:

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Bill D ... I hear you, thought long and hard on cover cutting as well. I took a good look at my 2-year old cover, which I believe is headed to an early grave, due to the salt conditions in my area. I figured this mod is portable to my eventual replacement cover. Investment reuse, helped to tip the scales for this frugal Jetboater.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
***QUICK UPDATE***

Now, with my boat back on the lift, the Hangtyte system really shines.

The way my lift is installed, I can only easily access the boat by hopping onto (or off) the swim platform.
upload_2018-4-27_23-50-6.png

upload_2018-4-27_23-50-24.png

With the poles/straps (and the windshield closed for support) - I always ended up doing an awkward dance over/under the straps/windshield to drape the heavy premium cover over the boat!

Now, with the Hangtyte(s):
  • I leave the center panel of the windshield open
  • pull the front of the cover over the bow
  • and then just stretch/pull the cover along the deck all the way to the back of the cockpit
  • strap/hang my front and rear Hangtyte harness loops onto the tower tow point (there is no need to adjust the harness length, I have those pre-set to the exact length I need and that does not change)
  • pull/drape the cover over the sides (it is easy as it is already suspended from the tow point - like a curtain) while walking back and exit through the swim deck
  • then just tighten the velcro and ratchet straps from the outside - DONE!
This takes me probably about 5 min, and probably closer to 2 min if I rush, and it is ten-times easier than the poles-and-straps system.

It is really the closest thing to something more like "pulling a curtain" over a boat, lol.

I'll never again have an open-bow boat without Hangtyte. LOL

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just another quick update:
After living with my new lift and all for a while now I've decided - I will not be without a pair of Hangtytes again!
That thing is sweet, as I cover/uncover the boat while driving the lift up or down.
upload_2018-5-21_21-52-5.png

--

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looks like the pollen is finally about done falling. Hoping to swap covers after a good cleaning and getting this installed - can't wait to ditch the poles.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree with @swatski, best two holes I ever cut in my cover maybe even the whole boat.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone using the Hangtyte system where the boat sits in the rain? I'm curious how well it works if the bow area gets a good amount of water on it.

I've found a local storage place that is "semi-covered" (20-25ft high roof over a relatively narrow building) just up the road from the house. They only want $20/mo to store my "little" boat there, and that means I can put the truck in the garage again. Poles and straps don't bother me now, but if I'm putting them on every single time I cover the boat they might. I'm not 100% certain how much wind/water/snow will be getting on the cover though, and that front support line looks very shallow.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone using the Hangtyte system where the boat sits in the rain? I'm curious how well it works if the bow area gets a good amount of water on it.

I've found a local storage place that is "semi-covered" (20-25ft high roof over a relatively narrow building) just up the road from the house. They only want $20/mo to store my "little" boat there, and that means I can put the truck in the garage again. Poles and straps don't bother me now, but if I'm putting them on every single time I cover the boat they might. I'm not 100% certain how much wind/water/snow will be getting on the cover though, and that front support line looks very shallow.
Water/rain is no issue, mine (as mounted) works the same or better than the poles, plus you can re-tighten it from the outside.

Heavy snow/ice? I don’t know.
I have not used it in snow conditions, I can see how poles with straps could be better in heavy snow, I think, as the straps might provide some additional support if the cover sagged. Being me, I’m thinking I would use both, lol.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Man, this thing is brilliant. Buh-Bye, poles. I'll admit it was a bit nerve-wracking taking a pair of scissors to a brand new cover.

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I just bought the new factory cover from JBP and the pooling/stains started already so frustrating....just found this Hangtyte info post..I've never heard of it. I'm sold, so tired of the pole straps and pooling. Thanks for the great insight and posts as always.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
These are now on my upgrade list for the next off season. I only put the poles and straps in during the off season but think doing so is a PITA, especially the straps.