• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Help with generator/camping generator question

Honda and Yamaha inverter generators are super quiet, reliable, and good on fuel. I have a 3000 watt Honda that is rock solid, but heavy. Had a little 2000 watt model that I wish I had not traded for it.

Before I bought the jet boat, I had a little pop up camper that I specifically ordered with a 9kbtu Dometic slimline soft start AC. The little 2kw Honda would power us with everything we needed for boondocking out in the N. GA mountains and on hot nights, it’s was quieter than the AC.

If you can find them, they both made a 1000 watt model as well. Easy to carry, and great for tailgates or tent camping. Super safe for electronics too.
Thank you!!

The Honda inverter engines use a plastic cam. If you intend on running this a lot, they can wear out in 10,000 hrs.

This thread reminded me it was time to go give my little 3000 a monthly run. It has an electric start and rope back up as well. Turned the gas on, turned the switch to start and she ran about 30 min before I cut the fuel off and let it run dry.

They are a little pricey, but I feel like you get what you pay for. Also, these things may say 2000 or 3000 or whatever, but I can tell you from experience they are underrated on power or other companies overrate theirs. My buddy tried to run a small window unit on his 2000 watt harbor freight and it killed it every time it kicked on. Loaned him my old 2000 Honda and it ran it for them all night long.

My 3000 will run my deep freeze, refrigerator, lights, and furnace in our house along with the TV and internet during power outages.

you do get what you pay for…the newer larger Hondas are fuel injected..

I have the Yamaha 1000w generator. I would highly recommend it. It is not quite as quiet as the Honda, but can run several hours on a tank.

Back