• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I know some of you enjoy cigars - share!

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is one hell of a weekend, it snowed while on the way up to our place, it's forecast to snow tomorrow, and next weekend it's supposed to be mid-50's.

Planning to shut down the water at the place this weekend, and winterize the boat next weekend. In honor of @swatski I figured I'd have a Cuban 😜 and some Eagle Rare and listen to the wind howl outside.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For anyone that hasn't tried them yet, those Quorum's are a fairly decent smoke, and SHOULD be cheap at your local B&M store.

It's cheap enough to give to someone you're unsure of, but good enough to smoke right along with them, and kinda guide them through a cigar, and what you look for in a smoke.

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’ve been ordering the Rocky Patel Cargo (Torpedoes) from CI recently and have been pretty impressed for a daily cigar.

I think they’re only $50 per 20 and are a good stick.

In fact, I’m smoking one right now paired with some Knob Creek Single Barrel. Life is good.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’ve been ordering the Rocky Patel Cargo (Torpedoes) from CI recently and have been pretty impressed for a daily cigar.

I think they’re only $50 per 20 and are a good stick.

In fact, I’m smoking one right now paired with some Knob Creek Single Barrel. Life is good.
Awesome! I knew there had to be more than just three cigar smoking, bourbon drinking Captains on this site.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Came across a really nice website a few days ago - www.bestcigarprices.com I've noticed that with this site, you MUST use the click-through's on the website, or else you'll end up seeing a different price, and possibly paying more than their best price. I'm not a fan of this, but I noticed it when looking to add to my cart after my comparisons, and searched directly for each of the cigars listed below - an example is the Tatiana, a direct look shows $94/box, while the flavored cigar specials click-through link shows it can be found for $14/box less than that price. Either price is lower than CI, but it shouldn't show two different prices on the same site, not sure if it fixes this anomaly in the shopping cart prior to placing your order.

As with any online site, it'll depend on what you're looking at, but here's 4 items I was looking at, and the price differences (these are all box prices)
BC = best cigar prices, CI = cigars international

Rocky Patel Vintage 2003 Sixty - BC=$177, CI=$217
Tatiana Mocha Stobona - BC=$80, CI=$100
Nub Cameroon 460 - BC=$90, CI=$135 Cigars International throws in a 10-pack sampler, but they're CLEARLY rolling the cost of the sampler into the box price.
Perdomo Lot 23 Gordito Connecticut - BC=$133, CI=$133
Drew Estate Java Mint "the 58" - BC=$203, CI=$194 Cigars International throws in a 5-pack Java Maduro Robusto for that price, better price AND 5 free!

I'm sure there's some manufacturer limitations on pricing for these guys, as evidenced by the Perdomo's and the Drew Estate's, but the HUGE price difference of the other 3 I was looking at is enough for me to look at this newfound website before I order.

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Do you ever use the “offer” feature in CI?
I wonder if you could get similar prices using BC as a starting point...

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I've tried the "make me an offer" feature, but never successfully. I think my offers were reasonable too. Ha! I've looked into other sites, but I find myself coming back to CI because of with the daily "free shipping" items.

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
CI also has a pretty decent Military discount.

Free shipping + 5% off

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’ve used both those sites for years they have good prices. Cigarplace.biz can be pretty good to.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Same experience as @sunbyrned although I have had ONE accepted offer, basically the offer was taking off the cost of shipping. I didn't want enough to qualify for free shipping at the time, so I made the offer to cover my shipping.

shar

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@drewkaree Eagle Rare! Love that stuff.

Cigar smoker here as well. Mostly Padron with the occasional RP and Ashton. Used to smoke a lot more but fell off after having kids. Now its about 1 or 2 times a year for me. I'll have to see what I have in in my humidor and report back.

Bourbon though :) Now that is my jam!

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't often do beer alone, but a Dirty Bastard is one hell of a fine beer. Haven't had that particular smoke, but it looks like a nice one!

Plpbecks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@dscable Fuente makes a good stick. Fuente Double Chateau was my go-to a few years back. Switched to Camacho Connecticut BXPs for the last year or so, now trying to find my next steady smoke.

Had an Illusione Epernay last night alongside a Four Roses Single Barrel. Really enjoyed it, may be on these for a while!

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Same experience as @sunbyrned although I have had ONE accepted offer, basically the offer was taking off the cost of shipping. I didn't want enough to qualify for free shipping at the time, so I made the offer to cover my shipping.
That's a great idea actually!

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was looking at the black friday sales ads and came across a decent deal for cigar storage. If you don't need this for cigar storage, you might want this for storage on the boat - supposed to be water tight, looks like it's got a rubber seal like the other cases I've got that're like this. I've already got 2 similar cases I use for humidors, and they work brilliantly. Home Depot has these for $25 https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-13-5-in-Plastic-Tool-Box-in-Black-2019-002/309211038

What I do is load them up with whatever smokes I wanna put in them (holds roughly 30-50 depending on the size, 40 for robusto's is a reasonable amount in something this size, I'm guessing 30 for Churchills), and throw in 4 Boveda 60 gram packs at the humidity level I want. Since these types of cases are STELLAR at being airtight for cigar purposes, my go-to is the 69% packs. If you want, take a few old boxes and break them up to line the case, but I don't find it necessary - the Boveda's work better at maintaining humidity than spanish cedar. For a total cost of ~$40, you've got one of the best humidors I've ever come across.

I'm prolly gonna pick up one for the boat next season for paperwork and a first aid kit, and 2 more for humidor purposes - one for 62% for maduro's and other "wetter" smokes, and I'm gonna try a 71% for Cameroon wrapper smokes (I really dig the Nub Cameroon's and the Rocky Patel 2003's, but they're both really brittle and go crispy on me easily here in WI). If it works for the Cameroon's, I'll finally be able to feel comfortable investing in a box of both of those smokes, and my past experience with these types of cases gives me some small measure of confidence that it's gonna work out.

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice find.

Much cheaper than a Pelican of the same size, and it looks almost identical.