• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I know some of you enjoy cigars - share!

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've got a Pelican in use like this already. It was the absolute funniest find, the wife was looking for something at a Goodwill in Appleton, and I ended up finding an old waterproof 35mm camera setup in this nice waterproof case. The cauble what the camera is, although back in the day, I'm betting this setup was worth quite a pretty penny! Anyway, got it home, ripped out all the foam innards holding the camera around (Side note - you'll have to do this with the Husky case if you wanna use it for cigars), put a known-good hygrometer in with 2 Boveda packs, and let it sit for a week to test for airtight-ness, and when it passed the test, I put it in use.

Happy Thanksgiving guys!

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I took off today (I work Tues-Sat) and we came up north yesterday forthe weekend to work on some inside projects, and enjoy the neighbors and the Christmas parade, and it was still in the 40's. I figured I'd sneak in one last "outside smoke" before bringing this humidor home for the winter, and I had one of these bad boys

No drinks with it other than some water, the drinks came later on with a neighborhood get-together where we finished off my Door County Distillery's bourbon I had left.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here's a pic of one my humidor setups, this is the one I have up north, where I'll get wild humidity swings. My father-in-law's old humidor we were using was just useless up here, tons of split wrappers, "soggy" sticks that were impossible to keep lit, etc. This method has cured all of my storage issues with my smokes.

I realize it's not the elegant look of a nice humidor, and it's not gonna be for everyone, but it's so effective that I was slowly converting many of my old humidors to the sealed cases like this. The Home Depot sale was enough for me to go all-in and get enough cases to finish the task. When I get back home, I'll try to get a pic of the other setups I've got too.

The zipper bags are flavored smokes, so I can have options for anyone who might be interested in a cigar, and that works to keep the flavored smokes from tainting the rest of the humidor.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Okay, here's a few more pics. I got my Home Depot Husky boxes, and figured I'd post a comparison - they're a LOT larger than I expected! I can see them easily holding 50-70 smokes (Churchills-Robustos). I generally prefer Toro's, and my estimate would be that I can fit 60-ish of 'em in here. Here's two comparison pics:

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here's my "at home" storage methods. Long ago, I had plans to convert a wine fridge. I got as far as the pic I'm gonna post here, before life happened, and this was put on the WAAAYYYY back burner. It still worked, but it slowly became more and more difficult for me to maintain good humidity, and I started to lose a few cigars here and there. This is all that remains of that setup, and they still do a pretty good job, as evidenced by my usage of them still, but these are all going to be put into the new Husky boxes, and I'm gonna be restoring them to a much better smoking condition. Hopefully I will get around to finishing the conversion, at which point I will move it up north for corrupting more of the neighbors (or at least pissing off their wives!).

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What I'm currently using as my smoking supply is my wife's idea. I had started with the canisters, simply because it was a cheap experiment to test it out. 4 of those canisters cost the same as one Pelican type case, and at the time, I needed a quick solution to save 2 boxes that were starting to split in my basement. I got 8 canisters to test out my theory, and I started down that road. The seals on these things showed themselves to be less trustworthy than I originally thought, which happened right around the time I found the camera case at Goodwill. Due to this, I kept the canisters that seemed to be holding a seal, which is what you see here (the oval canisters were found by the wife, and they were bought right around the same time I was deciding to make the move to the airtight cases).

I still may buy more of the Husky cases if these canisters go to crap, but I'm really sold on this method for storage. Cheaper than a wooden humidor, without the humidity retention issues. Plus, I can walk around like James Bond LOL

Shta

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Drew Estate legends (copper label) great flavor CI having great sale on them. Also Acid Kuba Grande

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For those of you that remember me talking about Cigar Bid and the practically-guaranteed deals they have at times, here's one for you guys. Rocky Patel sampler, 10 cigars @ 37.50, and shipping is $6.50, with $1.00 extra for each additional sampler ordered. There's 150 "lots" up for bid, so if you sign up or sign in to bid, the opening bid is $37.50, and I'll wager if you put in a max bid of $40, you'll likely snag at least one 10-pack. At $40, that's still a steal, IMO, for this bundle. I'm already in for 2 (add $7.50 for shipping), and I don't suggest waiting if you're interested. The auction ends in 5 days, but the longer you wait, the more likely you're going to be buying @$40. I'm a HUGE fan of the 2003, and I really like the 1999 and 1992. If I were to throw the other 4 away, I'd still be spending less than if I bought this same sampler from Cigars International (currently @ $85 for the same sampler). Half off is a deal that's hard to pass up, especially on Rocky Patel's.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
FYI! CI has Perdoma Lot 23 robustos on sale right now.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Click for CigarBid - 200 lots of Rocky Patel Sun Grown Maduro @ $4/stick. Having recently tried one that I got in a sampler, I'm in for a 10-pack, and if these sound like your jam, I wholeheartedly recommend picking up at least a 10-pack. Best strategy on these types of auctions is that you're darn near a guaranteed winner with this many lots, but to be on the safe side, I put in the minimum bid, and have a $5-more maximum bid. That has failed me only once, out of dozens of bids on lots of this type/size, and that was on a Java sale that sold for $10 over the minimum bid. On that one, many were buying 3+ lots, and quickly drove up the price.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
JR Cigars is having 30% of today on entire order. Code NOBLARNEY.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Click for CigarBid - 200 lots of Rocky Patel Sun Grown Maduro @ $4/stick. Having recently tried one that I got in a sampler, I'm in for a 10-pack, and if these sound like your jam, I wholeheartedly recommend picking up at least a 10-pack. Best strategy on these types of auctions is that you're darn near a guaranteed winner with this many lots, but to be on the safe side, I put in the minimum bid, and have a $5-more maximum bid. That has failed me only once, out of dozens of bids on lots of this type/size, and that was on a Java sale that sold for $10 over the minimum bid. On that one, many were buying 3+ lots, and quickly drove up the price.
I just put in a $4 bid. Thanks!

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just put in a $4 bid. Thanks!
Is that a +$4 maximum bid? lol

I think I mentioned it earlier in this thread, but I'd recommend this for after dinner or something, it was a lot more potent than I expected! I had one with very little humidor time (maybe 2-3 weeks), and one with 2-3 months time, both were stellar, and I really didn't notice much difference between those two. The test will be with the other two I have. Those went in at the same time as the first two, and they've had about 8-9 months to age a bit more. Not sure what the results will be, but I've got some bacon/pork belly to smoke in 2 weeks, and I think I'll babysit the smoker with one of the aged ones to see if some additional humidor time is even necessary.

Mywhite1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am supposed to be working, but figured I would "quickly" check to see whats going on. Started on the "Bourbon thread" by @BigN8 was going to hijack it by asking about Cigar pairings, then my brain kicked in and said search first. Thanks @drewkaree for starting this. Looking forward to reading your thoughts on pairings, and trying some of them. My favorite smoke so far is Cohiba Siglo V. Love you guys, and this site!!

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’ve been enjoying a pack of Diesel Unholy Cocktail torpedoes lately.

They may be my new go to.