• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I know some of you enjoy cigars - share!

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm cleaning up the basement finally, still cluttered from ALL the stuff I ended up with after my dad passed away almost 6 years ago! It's time to finish some projects I put on hold from 2013-2015 when mom, then dad, were going through the health issues that ultimately led to their passing, and it's been easier not to face the things that are good/crappy reminders.

This was one of the last cigars I smoked in the basement before all of that, and I figured it was fitting to have another now that I can reach the fan and I have a clear area to have a seat and enjoy a cigar without having to go outside.

Ghurka Legend Vintage 2001. Seems like 6-ish years of aging did this one right, and I'm looking forward to the others I have yet to finish.

IMG_20210129_202433169.jpg

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So here was one of my projects. Still not done, I have to hook up a controller, still have to dial in temps & humidity, but everything is finally in one spot. The old Vissani, and the new (inoperable) True. Needs a new gasket, but it seals perfectly fine for the moment. Not sure if I'm gonna line it with some wood or just leave it as-is, and I may ditch the Cigar Oasis if it gives me wet spots.

The old:

IMG_20210130_235807886.jpg

The new:

IMG_20210130_235923190.jpg

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So here was one of my projects. Still not done, I have to hook up a controller, still have to dial in temps & humidity, but everything is finally in one spot. The old Vissani, and the new (inoperable) True. Needs a new gasket, but it seals perfectly fine for the moment. Not sure if I'm gonna line it with some wood or just leave it as-is, and I may ditch the Cigar Oasis if it gives me wet spots.

The old:

View attachment 141215

The new:

View attachment 141216
Beautiful!! That's quite the collection too. I'm thinking that if you line it with wood, you won't need the boxes and travel humidors. Is that your plan?

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Beautiful!! That's quite the collection too. I'm thinking that if you line it with wood, you won't need the boxes and travel humidors. Is that your plan?
I've got ~10 humidors in there, with varying degrees of effectiveness. I will likely keep the black and yellow cases, and I'm actually transitioning over to them because they are rock solid for long-term storage.

I have a few more of the black ones, and I will be ditching that one you see with the hygrometer on it and transferring it all - it turned out to be a worthless humidor, and the other two just like it are... good enough to keep flavored smokes while in that fridge.

The jars are for storing until moving to a humidor, and I've got an Ashton humidor (top right shelf, lower box) that's used for dry boxing.

I'm trying to decide if I want to go with a few cedar trays, and if I do, I will likely go with the wood liner

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’m enjoying my second of the pack of Punch Signature torpedoes and am really liking them.

I’ve been on a torpedo kick now for about a year, and these are full flavored and a great stick!

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’m enjoying my second of the pack of Punch Signature torpedoes and am really liking them.

I’ve been on a torpedo kick now for about a year, and these are full flavored and a great stick!
That’s good to know. I’ve actually never had a Punch cigar. Have been smoking for around 25 years now. I suppose it’s time. Ha!

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Going to get some of these tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion.

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Let me know if you like them.

I came across them by accident at my local shop when my daily cigar (Diesel Unholy Cocktail) ran out before I could reorder from Cigar International.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Let me know if you like them.

I came across them by accident at my local shop when my daily cigar (Diesel Unholy Cocktail) ran out before I could reorder from Cigar International.
Absolutely! Will do. Check these guys if you haven’t already. Usually have good deals on their samplers.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Stopped for lunch with some friends I haven't seen in 2 years, and I went for "dessert" afterwards. ITC Maduro Super Fuerte.

No cocktails, but I will be back - Stagg & Weller, as well as 3 different Macallan's

Attachments

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Rocky! Great guy. Have you been to Burn here in Naples?
No, but oddly enough, my wife has! She was on a trip with friends for a graduation, and she stopped there to get a souvenir for me 😁

CigarJeff68

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just found this thread, and glad to say I'm happy you posted last Friday. As you can probably tell from my screen name I do love a good smoke! Not sure what my "favorite" stick is, it changes kind of regularly. I've recently been smoking Buffalo Trace cigars, not a bad smoke. And I do love a good Arturo Fuente.

1643653100825.png 1643653310092.jpeg

Attachments

CigarJeff68

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A few signs the kids/wife got for me that hang in our tiki bar.

1643654242721.jpeg1643654283564.jpeg

CigarJeff68

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Friday nights by the pool, enjoying life. Then after the sun goes down, a fire by the tiki bar.

1643659117142.jpeg 1643659207007.jpeg

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Don’t know if it’s good or bad but I’m about to enjoy. Picked it up at the “smoke shop” by me that seems to specialize in a different kind of smoke.

46F13821-D66F-42CF-8784-DE02CAC5BAF6.jpeg