• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I know some of you enjoy cigars - share!

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm sitting here reading the forums and enjoying the last cigar of a box I split with my FIL before he was killed, and wishing I could share with him the great group of people I have found on this forum.

My absolute favorite smoke is a Perdomo Lot 23, and he was a fan from the first one I shared with him. It's not the "best" stick I've had, but it's such an all-around good smoke, in addition to the memory of him, that I think I'll always be keeping a box on hand, if possible.

My "best" are two different smokes, Nub Cameroon and Rocky Patel's Vintage 2003 Cameroon. I think they're both stellar in their own way. Difficult to keep, but I think a higher humidity is the key to getting them not to split before I can smoke 'em, and I've been having enough luck with them that I'm considering a box of each pretty soon.

What are some of the smokes you guys enjoy?

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Sorry to hear about your loss, but a cigar is wonderful way to celebrate great memories! I don't have a favorite per say, but some of my favorite affordable brands (when on sale) are Olivia, Rocky Patel, My Father, Arturo Fuente and Partagas. My kids are gone for the most part so my escape is to throw in the anchor, sit on the swim deck with my dog and enjoy a cigar. I'll grab a Perdoma today and hopefully hit the river this evening. I buy from cigars international, but I came across this website just recently. Check it out, Are you familiar with them?

jjmparsons

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Great Conversation Starter here @drewkaree! I am fond of the sweeter aroma cigars and have come to be a big fan of the Drew Estates Fat Bottom Bettys and Crazy Janes. Just recently as I was poking around on www.cigarsinternational.com I saw the Fat Bottom Bettys are coming out with a new 6" size and will start shipping later on this year. This past weekend as we were out tooling around at Tims Ford Lake on the boat I pulled out a Brickhouse Fumas Maduro that was given to me by a friend to try out. That is a full flavored dark that I will definitely be purchasing in the future as well. I came across a great deal on the 5 Vegas Double Wide Mega Sampler as well and am really looking forward to trying out the 5 Vegas Cask-Strength Firkin (6" x 60)!!!

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry to hear about your loss, but a cigar is wonderful way to celebrate great memories! I don't have a favorite per say, but some of my favorite affordable brands (when on sale) are Olivia, Rocky Patel, My Father, Arturo Fuente and Partagas. My kids are gone for the most part so my escape is to throw in the anchor, sit on the swim deck with my dog and enjoy a cigar. I'll grab a Perdoma today and hopefully hit the river this evening. I buy from cigars international, but I came across this website just recently. Check it out, Are you familiar with them?

My sons buy me some cigars for birthday and Father's day, and that's how I came to try two different My Father sticks, and I have to say, they're pretty good! A touch spendy for me, but I could see myself buying more if they behave well in my humidor.

My FIL's favorite was "one of those Arterio Foowentays", as he pronounced them lol I like their Short Story, but I haven't found a good price yet, and they always seem to be on back order, so I don't foresee them dropping the price anytime soon.

I haven't come across the link you posted, but I like what I see with a quick look! I haunt a few, cigars international, Cigar Bid.com, Pipes And Cigars.com, and JR. Some, like Pipes & Cigars have stuff no one else offers... Good to investigate your suggestions!

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My sons buy me some cigars for birthday and Father's day, and that's how I came to try two different My Father sticks, and I have to say, they're pretty good! A touch spendy for me, but I could see myself buying more if they behave well in my humidor.

My FIL's favorite was "one of those Arterio Foowentays", as he pronounced them lol I like their Short Story, but I haven't found a good price yet, and they always seem to be on back order, so I don't foresee them dropping the price anytime soon.

I haven't come across the link you posted, but I like what I see with a quick look! I haunt a few, cigars international, Cigar Bid.com, Pipes And Cigars.com, and JR. Some, like Pipes & Cigars have stuff no one else offers... Good to investigate your suggestions!
That Pipes and cigars link above has some CHEAP Drew Estate bundles you might want to try! I just ordered 3 bundles, the Connecticut Shade, the Sweets, and the Sun Grown. I think they had something like the Acid, but I'm not positive, check the link.

Drew Estate has been a great experience for me as well. I like the Undercrown Connecticut, the MUWAT Bait Fish, and ANY of the Java's! I'm currently working through a 10-pack of Java Red's, but I'm not sure if I'll get them again. I'm trying a 5-pack in lower humidity, they seem to be hard to keep lit, too moist. I wanna smoke it, not babysit the thing!

Loving that I posted this, you guys are welcome to a smoke if/when we meet up!

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’ll check out the sale! Are you signed up with CI to get notifications? I tend to buy only the free shipping items, which they have good deals regularly. No Fuentes or MF’s show up in those though. 🙁

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Anybody inhale?

jjmparsons

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Dean P Not in this house hold!!!! Wouldn't even try to take half a puff like that!!!

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anybody inhale?
That stuff will KILL you! Lol No, a retrohale is as far as I go.

@jjmparsons it's the Factory smokes, or factory something... Drew Estate stuff for $2/apeice (2 25-countbbundles, 1 20-count, all for $138.88, shipped!) even if they're dog rockets, that's worth trying out.

I'm on ci's mailing list, but I get much better deals through Cigar Bid, and often, it's something that you're guaranteed to "win", like the Java Red's were $30/10, and they had something like 250 lots up for "auction". I snagged 2 10-packs at that price so I could give them a good test. At that price, that's almost half the price I'd pay at the local store.

I go to the local store for stuff that doesn't play nice in my humidor, or if I wanna test something out, and they have some good events to boot

Last edited:

jjmparsons

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

@jjmparsons it's the Factory smokes, or factory something... Drew Estate stuff for $2/apeice (2 25-countbbundles, 1 20-count, all for $138.88, shipped!) even if they're dog rockets, that's worth trying out.

I'm on ci's mailing list, but I get much better deals through Cigar Bid, and often, it's something that you're guaranteed to "win", like the Java Red's were $30/10, and they had something like 250 lots up for "auction". I snagged 2 10-packs at that price so I could give them a good test. At that price, that's almost half the price I'd pay at the local store.

I go to the local store for stuff that doesn't play nice in my humidor, or if I wanna test something out, and they have some good events to boot
I'll check Cigar Bid out! The wife and I actually visit cigar lounges here in Huntsville and that's where I generally pick up the more expensive sticks to try. If I'm buying in bulk then it's online. I think the most expensive cigar I've smoked would be a $12 Gurka marked down from $18. I don't generally buy like that but when there's a good Bourbon involved (next conversation starter) I like to have a good pairing!!!

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

That’s good information. Never heard of Cigar Bid. I’ll check it out!

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Ends tonight...

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Ends tonight...

These are 60 ring by the way. Too big for me but a great deal regardless.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The Drew Estate Factory Smokes have arrived. Gonna fire up a Sweets version in a bit, but initially, I am a bit disappointed. I was thinking it would be a cutting room floor version of an Acid, but I'm thinking the "sweet" might refer to a sweetened cap.

Hopefully I'll be able to try the Connecticut Shade and the Sun Grown this coming week while on vacation. Now I gotta remember to pack up a few to take along lol

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
They all look great to me! Sounds like you’re off to a good start on your vacation. Let us know what you discover about the sweet sticks.

jjmparsons

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
These are 60 ring by the way. Too big for me but a great deal regardless.
Saw this earlier but just bought a sampler of the 5 Vegas. Anyway, jumped back into CI and they are still offering the Gurkha's in the Mega Sampler for $59.99 ($10) off at check out as well so $49.99. SO TEMPTING>>>!!!!!!<<<

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know I'm cross posting this, but I'm done with the first primer coat of our bedroom at our vacation place, and it's time for relaxing before dinner.

Rocky Patel Special Reserve Sun Grown Maduro. This has to be one of the nicest Maduro's I've ever had. It came in a Patel sampler I got, and it's been sitting in my humidor up north for at least a few months. I don't recommend it on an empty stomach, because even with a snack of some smoked gouda and sausages, it's putting me on my heels a bit lol

I just checked the box prices, and I might have to ask Santa for one, or scope out an auction for a few 5-packs.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
CI has an incredible One Day sale, 75% off Cohiba's right now. It will end soon. I just bought a ten pack for $39, plus free shipping.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A must try is an Arturo Fuente Anejo Xtra Viejo. The Xtra is hard to find but well worth the hunt. It’s finger burning good at the end. I use one of my wife’s bobby-pins till my lips can’t take it anymore.