• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Intoxicated man points flair gun at police

swed4198

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If you are not being stupid on the water FWC and other water cops often leave you alone if your boat has a current Coast Guard Auxiliary vessel inspection sticker on the windshield. The cops know you had all the safety equipment on board so they generally will look for uninspected boats to check (unless you are being stupid). The Auxiliary does not charge for the inspection and often visit marinas offering inspections.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
You want to be the droids they are NOT looking for….

Moss Eisley space port, you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy …sounds like the place I used to work at.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I didn't watch every minute of that video, but there's a 100% chance nobody knew to clamp the lines or keep the motors on when towing back with the water cops and those motors are now hydro locked.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I didn't watch every minute of that video, but there's a 100% chance nobody knew to clamp the lines or keep the motors on when towing back with the water cops and those motors are now hydro locked.
Noticed that when we watched last night, was being towed at a decent clip.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@WiskyDan why didn't I get an invite? 😟. 😆
In my defense, I didn’t drink on the boat but did have a 12-pack of Spotted Cow at the gym while I was doing my bicep/tricep workout where I also picked up the babes. Not sure why the cop got all excited when I pointed the flare gun at her - I shoot that thing off at the cove as fireworks all the time.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
In my defense, I didn’t drink on the boat but did have a 12-pack of Spotted Cow at the gym while I was doing my bicep/tricep workout where I also picked up the babes. Not sure why the cop got all excited when I pointed the flare gun at her - I shoot that thing off at the cove as fireworks all the time.
Not gonna lie I've always wanted to shoot my flare gun. LOL!

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ohh boy!!!

This is right by where I boat and you really, really have to do something wrong to get FWC or the local sheriff's office to bug you like that.
I have only been approached once, and it was at the dock right before we launched, to do a safety equipment check and it took 5 mins.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
In a related story, back in the 90’s there was a story in the news about an elderly retired couple who were the victims of some two bit piece of shit career criminal, he forced his way into their motor home and stabbed the elderly man to death, but when this rancid pos went to the back of the coach to get the elderly lady, he was met with a flare gun round to the guts, a fitting and righteously extremely painful end to that pos‘s life. I wish there was video of that.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
This is right by where I boat and you really, really have to do something wrong to get FWC or the local sheriff's office to bug you like that.
I have only been approached once, and it was at the dock right before we launched, to do a safety equipment check and it took 5 mins.
My only to-date encounter was two years ago after we watched the 4th fireworks from our boat. After it was over there's always a big rush up river and to the nearby boat landing. I paused and hung out for a bit, then when the madness had settled I flipped on my docking lights and putted over to the landing, about 500 yards away from where I was anchored.

I got about 100 yards to the pier and suddenly I had the police telling me to stop and go into neutral. For like .0003 of a second I thought about arguing about the term "neutral" on my jet boat but then decided against it.

The were super nice about it (I think once they saw just two normal couples and a bunch of small kids on board and not a bunch of sh1tbag partiers) and said 1) you can't run with your docking lights on, which I still don't f'ing get because I was going TO THE DOCK and 2) you can't run at night with your tower speakers (JL 8.8's) in either red or blue color (they were flashing to the music through all of the colors).

"Yes sir, I'll make a note of that" was all I said and then they took off to go pull over some other boats that had ran blue lights on their pontoons because it's the 4th of July.

svana

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sounds like they approached you even when you weren’t doing anything wrong then! lol jk. We got flagged for a check when we were in FLL the night before our last Bimini crossing on a holiday weekend. Was worried we were getting busted cuz I had gotten confused over the no wake zones but it was just a check. Ironically enough our flares were like a decade past expiration and we had just bought new ones for that trip when they checked em.

We’re in Tampa too, a good pastime is to anchor up at beer can and watch FWC nail idiots being idiots in the area. Main gripe is the “who’s got the louder stereo” competition. Last time a ski was blasting through the docked boats (enough to douse folks sitting on their boats) and sure enough didn’t see the FWC boat right on the perimeter. Dude was getting fully dressed down by em - rightfully so. Made him get off the ski onto their boat, during which he fell into the water during the transition, the works. Made for good watching from afar.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
and said 1) you can't run with your docking lights on, which I still don't f'ing get because I was going TO THE DOCK and
People use these as headlights for their boat. The idea is to use them when pulling into a slip, not when underway, as you suggested you were moving across the lake.

I wish any docking lights were tied to the rpm's of the boat - there's too many people I see on the river using them as headlights at night, so they can blow down the river at 30mph in the dark.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
People use these as headlights for their boat. The idea is to use them when pulling into a slip, not when underway, as you suggested you were moving across the lake.

I wish any docking lights were tied to the rpm's of the boat - there's too many people I see on the river using them as headlights at night, so they can blow down the river at 30mph in the dark.
I get it, and I get that it's the law, but my other choice is my 1 billion lumen flashlight where I'm actually blinding people and reflecting off the water... I'd rather putt along at no wake and see 15' in front of me than try to navigate, shine the line, AND try not to blind people.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I get it, and I get that it's the law, but my other choice is my 1 billion lumen flashlight where I'm actually blinding people and reflecting off the water... I'd rather putt along at no wake and see 15' in front of me than try to navigate, shine the line, AND try not to blind people.
what's there to see? Only time I use my docking lights is when I'm less than 20' from the dock and really only time I do it is when I'm at my buddies place and pulling on to the lift in the dark. Or when it's really dark and I need more light to see the trailer, but our boat ramp is pretty lit up at night.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In a related story, back in the 90’s there was a story in the news about an elderly retired couple who were the victims of some two bit piece of shit career criminal, he forced his way into their motor home and stabbed the elderly man to death, but when this rancid pos went to the back of the coach to get the elderly lady, he was met with a flare gun round to the guts, a fitting and righteously extremely painful end to that pos‘s life. I wish there was video of that.
I'm a big fan of stories that have a great ending like this, I'd hope for the sequel showing your additions as well

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That sobriety test with the fists is something else. I’d fail that thing completely sober as would the officer who had to check her cheat sheet 4 times to administer the test.

I wonder what this guys actual bac was. He didn’t seem as belligerent and entertaining as a lot of these. There’s definitely a language and intelligence barrier.

Michal

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
That sobriety test with the fists is something else. I’d fail that thing completely sober as would the officer who had to check her cheat sheet 4 times to administer the test.

I wonder what this guys actual bac was. He didn’t seem as belligerent and entertaining as a lot of these. There’s definitely a language and intelligence barrier.
I agree 100%. Cut out the BS and just make the person blow. Simon says games suck!

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
IMG_8048.jpeg
Thought we were going to get a front row seat for one tonight after this guy came speeding out of a no wake at the back of the lake. I’ve never seen police here but there was a fishing tournament and also some kind of paddle board gathering because there were at least 100+ of them out.
Shockingly, the driver with full face and body tattoos quickly passed his check and they sent him on his way.