• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

It's about that time to get the Boat ready!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Walleye are moving in nice to the St. Clair River and the temps are going to be around the 50's over the next week or so. I plan on uncovering the boat and starting to get it ready for the season. Fishing first for the next couple of months. Really looking forward to it.

I need to do the same. Hopefully I'll get a day during the kids spring break. Took the week off, we'll be traveling some of it, but hope one of those days I can get the boat out and test the ballast system. Then change the oil and spark plugs. Annnnnnnd likely spend a bunch more money on switches and timers for the pumps.

Sounds great you guys! Waiting for ice out here, my two closest lakes have 18“ & 20” of ice on them yet. The two walleye lakes that are 1.5 hours away in opposite directions still have ice as well, but I’m guessing it’s less than the other two. Im about half way done with three projects that I’ll complete before I get on the water, anchor locker mods, smart shunt for the house battery and an upgraded intake strainer.

We will be on Lake Lanier tomorrow for our first outing of spring. Projected to be 78 degrees and mostly sunny, wind at 7 mph gust to 22. If the winds die down for Saturday, currently 12 mph with gusts to 32. Thats a little to sporty for me.

Last edited:
A great set of rain gear makes what would be an unpleasant day pleasant!

I can be rest assured that the Admiral and the Kids will not be bugging me to go out in the boat for a couple more months at least....... Peace and Quiet....... My radio stations and whatever I feel is unhealthy to bring to munch on :)

I love getting out early and watching the sun come…usually I’m the only one out there that early during the week.

Suggestion for you to consider. Get a Jet Boil Flash and pick up some Peak brand dehydrated skillet breakfasts. Takes about 100 seconds to boil the 2 cups of water needed then add to the pouch and stir well, set aside for 15 mins to reconstitute. While that’s happening I set up my down riggers and rig up my poles. I might even use the Jet Boil and the coffee press kit to make some more coffee. About the time I’m done getting rigged up and get my poles out and trolling breakfast is ready… nothing like a hot breakfast on a cool / cold morning with some hot coffee!

9D5A2076-A840-4512-BAA1-7490B9D52840.jpeg

Last edited:
Mine comes out of storage on the 1st. 10 days out.

I have a sub to install, and latches to repair before we head out. Figure the boat will sit in the driveway for a week or two before we get it back up to camp for the summer. Crap, that reminds me, I have to seal the cover as well before we take it up, ugh.

Anywho, we're mere weeks away from enjoying the water this season! W00Hoo

I can be rest assured that the Admiral and the Kids will not be bugging me to go out in the boat for a couple more months at least....... Peace and Quiet....... My radio stations and whatever I feel is unhealthy to bring to munch on :)
That makes you the temporary Admiral. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Yeah, but us Georgia boys have a lot more months to be on the water than you guys do, so I guess we can puss out a little more ;). We all know you guys are the real deal though:winkingthumbsup". Ive been working on the boat for the last month, cable lubes, oil changes, valve clearance checks, installing new liipo4 trolling motor batteries, engine hatch insulation ect.. We will be heading out this weekend hopefully to get a line wet. And like you, it is peaceful on the boat when the ladies think its to cold to be out there. couple good months fishing in the spring, then sand bar- sand bar- sand bar- fall: back to fishing until January. Getting pumped, now I need a damn Jetboil Too! thanks FSH210 $?

A great set of rain gear makes what would be an unpleasant day pleasant!

Fisherman/woman are a different breed of boater. We are still ice fishing on ponds and smaller lakes around here. The Broad Lake never locked up with ice and ramps on it stayed open. There were some diehards that were out on open water all Winter like this guy on March 2nd.

20230323_062010.jpg

Same guy.
20230323_084201.jpg

This is the ramp at the USCG station in Burlington, VT. on March 18th.

20230323_062100.jpg

All I need to do is put the battery in the boat and we are off, but I am occupied by the maple sugar season right now as it is running big now. I also do not have a heated garage that will fit the boat with T-top after. Don't want to break the 38yo motor.
Did escape to ice fish yesterday.

20230323_063057.jpg

Itchin to get out there.

Last edited:
but I am occupied by the maple sugar season right now as it is running big now.

I noticed the snowmobile trails through my neighbor's property. They only get them out this time of year to get to their maples for the same reason. I am gonna have to go out and see how this is done, as I am intrigued. It's hit or miss if they are on sleds, or can get around with the ranger.

Yeah, I can feel it.

1680897314716.png

Back