• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

It's alive...sort of. 2004 AR230 resurrection

k9medic

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi all,

I am in the process of bringing a non running AR230 back to life. As of today I have the port engine running so I think I am good to go there. My bigger issue is the starboard engine.

Here is where I am at with that:
  • bypassed all safety switches (kill switch, neutral and clean out hatch)
  • swapped key switches. Confirmed ground and power on red and black wires
  • swapped main and fuel pump relay
  • swapped ECM
  • swapped ignition coil
  • cleaned and tightened all connections in engine compartment to battery
After all of this, I am still not getting voltage to the start side of the fuse when the key is turned on. There is no clicking from the ignition coil. Interesting to note, when I swapped all of these parts, the port engine started just fine.

Any suggestions on where to look next?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't have a clue but just blind guessing,

since you swapped and the good engine worked you know all those components are good,

After all of this, I am still not getting voltage to the start side of the fuse when the key is turned on. There is no clicking from the ignition coil. Interesting to note, when I swapped all of these parts, the port engine started just fine.

Any suggestions on where to look next?
what fuse are you checking for power ?

do you know the engine will spin ?
do you know if the starter is good ?
I may take jumper cables and go directly to the starter just to confirm it's working and that the motor spins,

k9medic

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, just after I posted this I went back to the boat and did some more digging.

Ran a jumper from the negative to the engine block to ensure a solid ground. Still didn't work...

Then I went back to double checking my bypasses. Come to find out my jumper for the clean out plug had fallen out... SMH!

Engine is now running! Interestingly enough the ECU on one of the engines had a piece of tape on it that said it had an intermittent injector. Not sure if that was repaired or what as it also had a piece of rubber tape covering part of that same piece of tape so who knows.

Now for the next part of the saga. I either need to rebuild a fuel pump or replace a fuel pump as it is confirmed dead.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a fuel pump or pumps (still in the tank) from a 2017 ar 240 if you think it will fit in your boat make me an offer via a convo plus shipping from 94505.

fyi - I bought a wrecked 240 for the engines and salvaged the rest before disposing of the hull.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

k9medic

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Some more updates as they trickle in...

Wound up replacing the fuel pump internals and the pump still would not work right so I bought a complete used fuel pump and dropped it in.

Spent some time with a buffer and rubbing compound and ordered a whole new interior from Perez and Sons interior. They are sending me the foam too. Damn interior is costing me more than I paid for the boat!

Yesterday I dropped it in the river for a first test run and hit 10,200 rpm.