• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JETBOATPILOT HAS SOMETHING NEW COMING SOON!!!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Ziess21

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Interesting, how soon can I get a set for testing?

Ziess21

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Also, do you have any video or pics of the wake/wave difference with these installed?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Also, do you have any video or pics of the wake/wave difference with these installed?
We did but after testing the latest version we opted not to share because it is so much better than before. We'll try to get some posted this coming week.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Awesome... but what does the wake look like....
I don't have current video footage but will try to get it edited this week. We got slammed by the storm and then cold weather set in so our water testing has been delayed alot. My business partner and I have been fighting with insurance adjusters, FEMA and contractors plus trying to get the business back off the ground after being shut down for almost a month. We'll get video of the product in action as soon as I can get the video edited.

Ziess21

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
maybe just one screenshot? Please....!!!

Rustynuts

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So anybody wanna buy a set of thrust vectors off my 2019 242x with one trip on them.... how about an exchange program Will :)

Last edited:

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What impact does this have on top speed if any based on the three positions and have you identified any speed restrictions based on each of the selected positions?

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
looks good sounds great I held off from the original thrust vectors due to many years of owning jet boats and learning how to steer but now this looks like a nice step up. The newer 242 X does seem to create more jet wash than the older 230 models . looks like this is the solution cant wait to see the video of it in action

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What impact does this have on top speed if any based on the three positions and have you identified any speed restrictions based on each of the selected positions?
At this point I don't have this data but if you want highest top speed you should select the 1st setting (least deflection angle).

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot so if I'm understanding this correctly from the video
Position 1: wakesurf

Position 2: wakeboard (per video "... to tune your wake for wakeboarding simply squeeze, select the second detent...")

Position 3: tubing

This means there isn't an "off" position, the default top position is the "surf" position. Did I understand that correctly?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot so if I'm understanding this correctly from the video
Position 1: wakesurf

Position 2: wakeboard (per video "... to tune your wake for wakeboarding simply squeeze, select the second detent...")

Position 3: tubing

This means there isn't an "off" position, the default top position is the "surf" position. Did I understand that correctly?
Yes surf position is also standard Thrust Vector setting.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Yes surf position is also standard Thrust Vector setting.
Thanks. So it will be interesting to see what the result are on the top speed since it seems you are doing a good amount of thrust redirection by default. But I love the ease of use and both sides at the same time is pretty sweet! Can't wait to see the in-use videos and some of the other stats. Congrats on the new product and for your company's continued innovation.

Last edited:

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I’m curious using this product in tandem with @jcyamaharider transom bag and additional ballast. By deflecting the jet wash down you would be raising the back of the boat right? So you would most certainly want to use the transom bag right but in this case you would maximize deflection by placing the bag in the middle right over the Jet? Thoughts?

Edit: @swatski I’m curious about the using the L13 with this product. My understanding is the L13 would create somewhat of a cleaner jetwash that could amplify the results by using the deflecter.

Last edited:

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks. So it will be interesting to see what the result are on the top speed since it seems you are doing a good amount of thrust redirection by default. But I love the ease of use and both sides at the same time is pretty sweet! Can't wait to see the in-use videos and some of the other stats. Congrats on the new product and for your companies continued innovation.
I could not agree more as this product will solve several common annoyances caused by the jet wash. I look forward to seeing the video and testing it out on my own!

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Will will I need ballast to surf?????

By the way thank you for awarding us with early adopter pricing!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Will will I need ballast to surf?????

By the way thank you for awarding us with early adopter pricing!
You're welcome! Yes ballast is necessary to increase size of wave by increasing displacement.

jpkl

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So i'm wondering what the wave would be like, with these on a 242X, plus the Yamaha WakeBooster plate and applicable ballast. The WakeBooster is adding water to the volume of the wake and seems to clean it up on the one side; if the WakeThrusters are used in conjunction with it then it would seem that you're going to get a really good wave on the WB side and a good wave on the non-WB side and the entire wave will be bigger with more push.