• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoatPilot Major Product Release Coming Very Soon!!

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am still learning the technique but I can tell you that there are some pretty awesome video tutorials coming featuring new maneuvers that are possible with the Lateral Thrusters installed.

Also I can tell you we don't have to remove or modify and factory parts to install the Lateral Thrusters so it will be compatible with the Wake wedge.
Can't wait to see the other videos. Looking forward to see how this Thruster works. I totally agree our reverse sucks

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good improvement and still curious why Yamaha has not addressed this given what BRP provides. I guess Will could sell them the patent but there are so many options around alternative designs. This will be a game changer

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The Lateral Thrusters will not impact speeds in the forward position whatsoever. When you see the product you'll understand why. We're hoping to be able to show the product and give much more detail either late this coming week or next week. We still have a few loose ends to tie up in the IP dept.

Price for twin engines will also be well below $1000. At the moment I cannot comment on the exact price because we still have several tests to do and to compare performance data before we decide on a twin engine design.

Also here is another test video featuring the FSH doing figure 8's.

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I could use some assistance backing my boat into it's slip although I am getting better. I also back into the sand bars, and those can be tight at times.....

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We will try to shoot some footage of backing into a slip when we get into our next iteration. I hope to do that this week.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I too would like to see broadside wind pushing away from the dock while backing in performance in a twin engine boat. That is very challenging and is my current docking situation.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We will do our best to show performance with wind but its hard to measure the exact force the wind is applying to the boat so we won't be able to give you metrics on the test results. What I hope to be able to show is that even in windy conditions you'll have significant improvement in your reverse control.

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I too would like to see broadside wind pushing away from the dock while backing in performance in a twin engine boat. That is very challenging and is my current docking situation.
You nailed it, that is a tough situation and one I deal with sometimes...

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So how will this enhancement affect sub move? Make em better? Or tear $hiT up? Just curious.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I don't think you'll be able to tear them up doing sub moves but I don't think I would publicly endorse sub moves with or without the product installed.

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot A couple of questions....this will not effect the shape of the wake going forward, correct?? I'd hate to mess with our wake but I'm interested in the product. Also....bolt on install??

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The Lateral Thrusters will not impact speeds in the forward position whatsoever. When you see the product you'll understand why. We're hoping to be able to show the product and give much more detail either late this coming week or next week. We still have a few loose ends to tie up in the IP dept.

Price for twin engines will also be well below $1000. At the moment I cannot comment on the exact price because we still have several tests to do and to compare performance data before we decide on a twin engine design.

Also here is another test video featuring the FSH doing figure 8's.
Looks cool....i suggest you start a whole new thread because people won't find your final reveal on page 15! Plus you'd be able to edit post #1 to add info if you wanted.

ruztew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am not wondering if it's a replacement or something for the ride plate, maybe to catch the reverse thrust and help direct it to the correct side? Just a random thought, I didn't look under the boat to see the physics of it, so if it's stupid idea pretend like you didn't read this
:)

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@bobbie the Lateral Thruster will not impact the shape of the wake. And yes bolt on install.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks @Julian I'll do that now.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@ruztew we'll get into the details of how it works when I see you tomorrow. I will have you sign a non-disclosure statement since our attorney has not greenlighted the release of details or pictures yet. Call me before you stop by to make sure I will be there.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
FYI guys and gals, we have started a new thread on the General Discussion page titled JetBoatPilot Lateral Thruster Debut. We will be posting new info on that page.