• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JETBOATPILOT HAS SOMETHING NEW COMING SOON!!!

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I also have a set of TV XL's, they aren't installed, my marina had me in too shallow of water this year for me to feel safe that they wouldn't get nailed with side-to-side impact with the bottom (I know they would flip up, but shallow water and getting waked could pin the vector and stress the nozzle). Next year I'm going to be in much deeper water, so that's not a concern - but as with others... Would it be possible to send in the TV XL's and have them re-kitted for TV Wake at a reduced cost?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes, good idea, we'll do a before after next.

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That looks really good! Nice to see that on both sides. I'm assuming you're running no ballast in the video? The only comparison video I have is from my boat with full ballast plus the swimdeck bag. In that scenario, my wake is cleaner with the WakeWedge, albeit slight. Ballast alone cleans up the wake as the nozzles are pushed further under the surface, so I'm assuming the effect of the TVs would improve with ballast as well. Seems like a good product and I'm interested to see more footage.

CAM212SS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
would like to see the tube setting as well

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That looks really good! Nice to see that on both sides. I'm assuming you're running no ballast in the video? The only comparison video I have is from my boat with full ballast plus the swimdeck bag. In that scenario, my wake is cleaner with the WakeWedge, albeit slight. Ballast alone cleans up the wake as the nozzles are pushed further under the surface, so I'm assuming the effect of the TVs would improve with ballast as well. Seems like a good product and I'm interested to see more footage.
Agree. Think we need to see a boat with ballast and listed. Even dedicated wake boats run a lot of ballast and usually list to one side.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Where is the 195???

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Agree. Think we need to see a boat with ballast and listed. Even dedicated wake boats run a lot of ballast and usually list to one side.
Agree. Ballasted (both wakeboard and surf), listed (surf), and a rider for both for better reference. Once listed may need non-surf side to be in wake position to prevent the higher pump washing over the lower one. Going to withhold my opinion until I see it that way. I am sure there are some northern folks who never see water temps above 80 and call 65 the low end of when they will get in the water willing to help demonstrate this time of year. That use to be me but I moved South for a reason.

dadofral

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The production version has stainless steel eagle's beaks and will be riveted to the left and right of the fin on both left and right fins. This will strengthen the part significantly.
Will,

I own a CNC fab shop in Michigan...we laser cut, bend, weld, etc. If you want to work out a trade and barter for some of these parts I'd be open for that discussion. We specialize in stainless steel products especially.....jeff@royalsheet.com (www.royalsheet.com)

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Will,

I own a CNC fab shop in Michigan...we laser cut, bend, weld, etc. If you want to work out a trade and barter for some of these parts I'd be open for that discussion. We specialize in stainless steel products especially.....jeff@royalsheet.com (www.royalsheet.com)
We'd be glad to discuss your shop cutting some of our parts. Maybe you could quote some that others are making now and we can see if you could help us save money or move faster.

We don't have any samples to ship at the moment since the product is still undergoing lots of small tweaks.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey guys and gals,

After getting overwhelming demand from our current customers we've decided to offer an upgrade program for current Thrust Vector/Cobra Fin owners. Here's the details:

-Purchase Thrust Vector Wake during the pre-sale period.
-Pay sale price listed on the website.
-Return your current set of fins to us and get $100 refund for twin or $50 refund for singles.
-Refund will be via the payment method used during purchase or by check if outside 60 days of purchase.
-Order by phone to setup upgrade or add notes during checkout if you intend to return your current fins.

Call 850-867-1410 To Order By Phone Today or order online by clicking here.

dadofral

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We'd be glad to discuss your shop cutting some of our parts. Maybe you could quote some that others are making now and we can see if you could help us save money or move faster.

We don't have any samples to ship at the moment since the product is still undergoing lots of small tweaks.
Sounds great. We’d love to help out and we specialize in quick turn around if needed. When you have time shoot me an email at jeff@royalsheet.com with any cad data in 2d format or prints of standard parts. I’m happy to sign and NDA as well. I’d love to get you a quote and maybe we can supply enough parts to barter for a set of the new wake vectors. I’ve done this before with other customers to get a good relationship going. We offer a lot of added value services in house. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes for sure but with the holidays and new yesrs it has slowed way down. Also had to spend time this past week fixing our roof for the third time.

We'll be back in action soon and will post video as soon as we have some good weather conditions to shoot in.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Ordered :) looking forward to it.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Any idea on when the pre-order is ending?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Pre-Order pricing has been extended through the end of January for now. Same price as December.

More video content coming soon but not until my test surfer is allowed to get back on a board. He pulled a ligament and the doc told him to stay off the water for a month. We'll do what we can in the meantime but until then we won't have much to show with a rider on the wave. We're also going through a part redesign right now and I have some more tweaking to do before I can get back on the water. The Holidays and the development of the Thrust Vector X slowed me down some.

Also just today we found a way to add the much requested off feature so that users can select a max performance setting and have practically no deflection. So in production, as long as all tests well, we'll have 4 settings. Max Performance (Off), Surf, WakeBoard & Tube. Pictures soon to come and testing hopefully next week with results asap!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Also just today we found a way to add the much requested off feature so that users can select a max performance setting and have practically no deflection. So in production, as long as all tests well, we'll have 4 settings. Max Performance (Off), Surf, WakeBoard & Tube.
That makes a lot of sense, the OFF setting.

--

satovod

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
one of my projects - SurfX
electronically controlled foil with patented boundary layer altering

Integrated centrifugal jetdrive, hybrid engine etc.

Attachments

dadofral

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
one of my projects - SurfX
electronically controlled foil with patented boundary layer altering

Integrated centrifugal jetdrive, hybrid engine etc.
OK...I'm in the dark and curious...what will this do exactly?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length