• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoatPilot's New Surf Tech, Thrust Vector Wake

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The single mentions that there was a video that went live the day before about the new adjuster plate but I cannot find it. Am I missing something?
I Think single revised deflector kits have not begun shipping yet but when you receive yours you should receive an updated height gauge.

Last edited:

jak_of_trades

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Replacement deflectors arrived today and they are Installed on my boat. It went well just a little more difficult with the barrel nuts to get everything tight compared to the welded nuts. I'd recommend a screwdriver with the widest standard head you can find.

Anxious to try the TVWs tomorrow! Thanks to Will and @JetBoatPilot for getting these to us so quickly and finding a workable solution.

Nick212

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Replacement deflectors arrived today and they are Installed on my boat. It went well just a little more difficult with the barrel nuts to get everything tight compared to the welded nuts. I'd recommend a screwdriver with the widest standard head you can find.

Anxious to try the TVWs tomorrow! Thanks to Will and @JetBoatPilot for getting these to us so quickly and finding a workable solution.
I can't wait to hear your review of the new parts. Mine should be arriving early next week.

jak_of_trades

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can't wait to hear your review of the new parts. Mine should be arriving early next week.
The boat tested well on a short cruise tonight. The heavier feel now is actually what I prefer for a steering feedback. It seems easier to keep from over steering especially at slower speeds than when I had the XVs on before. The turn responsiveness is better at no wake also. Without ballast, the wake looks pretty clean at 11, 18, and 22 mph. It still works as advertised!

I think we'll still get a workout slinging tubers around. It's not an oppressive feel but I'll likely hand off the wheel sooner in the day. For other water sports it won't be noticeable just an issue for tight turn maneuvers for long periods. I haven't set up for a surf wave so no info on that yet.

In summary, it's a keeper. It could be a steering cable lube is all I need to make this a perfect transition. If I feel different after a full day on the water tomorrow, I'll let you know.

jak_of_trades

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
JB weld Marine is good. We've heard good things about it. May be a good idea to have a bit extra since you're going to be at the lake.
I used the JB Weld Marine for my install and it seems to be holding up well but I've only had it in service for a day or so. Everything was solid when I put on the replacement deflectors.

cbrown9956

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Has anyone heard if the single engine TVW parts have come in? If so has anyone heard if they started to ship? Hoping to have it before my big 4th of July trip.

I know Will and his team are working hard to get the best product out. I also know some of this is out of JBP hands and that is the supplier.

Just looking for an update.

WilCo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My single engine update shipped yesterday and should be in Monday.

steve0617

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
If you don’t mind me asking when did you place your order?
My 19 AR195 kit was ordered on March 9th. I got the full kit on June 6th. The add on parts were shipped last week and are due tomorrow the 1st.

Dpod13

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
C5969C89-1045-4FC4-8097-D98BA6D65366.jpeg
Just installed mine today, relatively easy install. Thanks Will, will give an update when I get on the water next weekend

cbrown9956

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Spoke with JBP this morning. Good news to those of us who have not received their TVW. The supplier did not have enough or correct hardware. The hardware “should” be in tomorrow. JBP “should” start shipping everything tomorrow then.

Nick212

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I'm sure they will ship as soon as the parts arrive. In the end, we will get a great product.

WilCo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I tried to follow the instructions, the original video and the updated video and there’s a chance I got something wrong. That being said, I think I didn’t receive a hardware kit with the updated part perhaps.

My updated part doesn’t have the threads to accept the bolts. Old deflector on top, new one on bottom (see the threads).

If there was a change to use bolts and nuts instead of just bolts, I didn’t get that kit. If the deflector is supposed to be threaded, mine is not.

Other pictures include bolts I have not used and where I had to stop the install while waiting on hardware.

I’ll call the shop in the morning to find out. I probably hVe 2.5 hours invested so far because I was going extra slow to try to be sure I didn’t mess anything up. Almost done...I think.

Attachments

CAM212SS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I tried to follow the instructions, the original video and the updated video and there’s a chance I got something wrong. That being said, I think I didn’t receive a hardware kit with the updated part perhaps.

My updated part doesn’t have the threads to accept the bolts. Old deflector on top, new one on bottom (see the threads).

If there was a change to use bolts and nuts instead of just bolts, I didn’t get that kit. If the deflector is supposed to be threaded, mine is not.

Other pictures include bolts I have not used and where I had to stop the install while waiting on hardware.

I’ll call the shop in the morning to find out. I probably hVe 2.5 hours invested so far because I was going extra slow to try to be sure I didn’t mess anything up. Almost done...I think.
the new kit came with barrel style inserts with new screws and washers. The screws thread into the barrel... Will put out a video showing that update

CAM212SS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
the new kit came with barrel style inserts with new screws and washers. The screws thread into the barrel... Will put out a video showing that update
it posslbly looks like you dont have the washers or new barrel inserts though

WilCo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Right. I think I didn’t get the hardware kit for some reason.

Nick212

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I just received the new updated deflectors. They don't look much different than the originals.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The outside part that forces water inward is suppose to be out further.

Apparently where it was located before it was hanging down into the jet wash, this also not deflecting all of it inward I would assume.