• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoatPilot's New Surf Tech, Thrust Vector Wake

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'll buy a set! Any deal if you trade in some vectors??

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
At this time no upgrades are available. Still too early in the development of the product to offer that program.

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot will... When will be able to see it in action??

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My wife said "add ot to Bimini budget"

Will I will jump in the water on Tuesday and film up at lake Lanier idc what the weather is... heck I'll make my wife wear rain gear if you can get it here monday.

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Tues looks just fine....just sayin'

AD51BE8B-64E6-4344-BB89-01D5B3D7EC3B.png

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Perfect surfing weather!Screenshot_20181209-002459_Weather.jpg

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Wish I had product to ship! We'll do our best to get good footage Tuesday.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Wish I had product to ship! We'll do our best to get good footage Tuesday.
Looking forward to it! I'm assuming you guys will be using some ballast in the video as well and if so how much? Do you have the swimdeck bag? Those for sure make a big difference vs other bags!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I was hesitant to publish this video for the public but after review I decided to make it public. It does a good job of teaching what we're looking to accomplish in production, obviously much more polished and robust. This video was produced to show our patent attorney how best to write the language needed.

I hope this helps shed some light on areas where there might be questions.

Wesley Cobb

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
As promised, here it is, The Patent Pending Thrust Vector Wake

Link To Product In Store: https://jetboatpilot.com/collections/thrust-vectors/products/thrust-vector-wake-for-yamaha-boats-fits-2003-2019

More video soon to follow! Stay tuned!
Will, these look awesome! My kids have been complaining about the wake spray all summer. Can't wait to get these and get them installed. Glad the shop is back up and running. Keep up the great work...Love JetBoatPilot!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This is a good video Will, thanks for posting.

The question I would have would be, if there is as much trim effect as noted, would it provide any form of list if one was adjusted opposite the other side? Of course you would not have the clean wave on both sides, but if it were to force the boat to list, it may make sense.

And at what point does it just start to make sense for Yamaha, or the aftermarket to just start putting some sort of trim nozzle on like the waverunners have?

Thanks again, I'm anxious to see the on-water video as others are too.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

The question I would have would be, if there is as much trim effect as noted, would it provide any form of list if one was adjusted opposite the other side? Of course you would not have the clean wave on both sides, but if it were to force the boat to list, it may make sense.

And at what point does it just start to make sense for Yamaha, or the aftermarket to just start putting some sort of trim nozzle on like the waverunners have?

These are good questions. I have been thinking about testing the same thing, one at first setting and one at the third setting. I don't know if it will work but worth a try.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

I think @SamCF put trim adjustment on his single engine. Aside from having to setup two nozzle to run off one lever I don't see why it wouldn't work on twins.

Modifier

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Dang it!!...I just installed a set of XVs in November and haven't even tried them out yet because the weather turned. Wife heard "little ones who like to go tubing" and said well I guess you want to add those to your wish list don't you? Wish I hadn't bought the XVs...maybe Santa will order me a set.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Will the "tube setting" help clean up the jet wash for skiers?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Will the "tube setting" help clean up the jet wash for skiers?
I would suspect you won't completely eliminate the "foamy" portion in the center of the wake. That is the very turbulent flow from the jet creating that, not so much which direction it's pointed. At least that is what I would expect.

Livi0411

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know Yamaha is releasing a Wakebooster this month as well. For surfing, would combining these new wake thrust vector’s and the Yamaha wakebooster make sense? Would they counter each other, or compliment each other?

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I know Yamaha is releasing a Wakebooster this month as well. For surfing, would combining these new wake thrust vector’s and the Yamaha wakebooster make sense? Would they counter each other, or compliment each other?
I think the booster is trying to scoop more water into jets and make a bigger wave?

Wonder how it would work as the vectors are pushing down only what is being shot out of pump.

To me the wake wedge and booster might be better combo because of the large area in which wedge covers. My reasoning is that if the booster isnt able to scoop the water all the way over the wedge can clean up a larger area.. not sure if that even makes sense.