• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoatPilot's New Surf Tech, Thrust Vector Wake

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot as I get more into wake surfing and adding ballast (the custom transom bag and ski locker) I plan on installing a lucky 13 cone to help reduce cavitation when under weight. Do you for see any concern with running a lucky 13 with the new Thrust Vector Wake product? Specifically on the 19 footers?

John Mcpartland

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot as I get more into wake surfing and adding ballast (the custom transom bag and ski locker) I plan on installing a lucky 13 cone to help reduce cavitation when under weight. Do you for see any concern with running a lucky 13 with the new Thrust Vector Wake product? Specifically on the 19 footers?
Do you need any ballast bags? I have a few available for your ski locker

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Do you need any ballast bags? I have a few available for your ski locker
I was planning on buying the Fly High Fat Sac which is 370 lbs and measures 16" x 10" x 62" which will connect with my FATSAC Supa Tsunami Pump. If you have something close I would be interested.

John Mcpartland

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was planning on buying the Fly High Fat Sac which is 370 lbs and measures 16" x 10" x 62" which will connect with my FATSAC Supa Tsunami Pump. If you have something close I would be interested.
I have a few different ones. Not sure of the measurements but i think i have a 400lb, 759lb and 1180lb

Bothomas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I might be interested of any leftover.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have a few different ones. Not sure of the measurements but i think i have a 400lb, 759lb and 1180lb
I would be interested in checking out the 400lb bag, the ski locker on the 19 footers is much smaller and I think 400lb is about the max that can fit.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I am not familiar with the product you're referring to but I can't imagine it will interfere with the use of the Thrust Vector Wake.

John Mcpartland

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lucky 13 shouldn't affect anything

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Alright then...With that guarantee order has been placed....Hey don't tell my wife guys....plzzzzz :winkingthumbsup"

John Morstad

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I have been nothing short of thrilled with the performance of the products I have ordered from @JetBoatPilot, which include TVs, lateral thrusters and additional SeaDek.

Any vendor offering a money back guarantee won’t release a product until he is 100% confident in its performance.

I ordered mine today to upgrade.

Will, are you still offering the presale trade in?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have been nothing short of thrilled with the performance of the products I have ordered from @JetBoatPilot, which include TVs, lateral thrusters and additional SeaDek.

Any vendor offering a money back guarantee won’t release a product until he is 100% confident in its performance.

I ordered mine today to upgrade.

Will, are you still offering the presale trade in?
Yes for sure. Just send back your old unit when you receive your new Wake version. Thanks for the vote of confidence!

Rustynuts

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just want to make sure, these will work with my current lateral thrusters on my 2018 242x? So far the tubing video looks good, our first few trips were pretty brutal on the grandkids tubing. With the current sale, money back guarantee and buy back for the thrust vectors I just put on I’m ready to order.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just want to make sure, these will work with my current lateral thrusters on my 2018 242x? So far the tubing video looks good, our first few trips were pretty brutal on the grandkids tubing. With the current sale, money back guarantee and buy back for the thrust vectors I just put on I’m ready to order.
Yes you'll have to straighten the nozzles out to, which is the only installation step that is different from other Yamaha installs. And yes it definitely works with the Lateral Thrusters.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yes you'll have to straighten the nozzles out to, which is the only installation step that is different from other Yamaha installs. And yes it definitely works with the Lateral Thrusters.
Is that an easy process?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes you just have to loosen some nuts and turn a few threads. We'll include that in our video and install guide.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So we have some potentially big news to announce about the Thrust Vector Wake!

We began testing a new version of the Thrust Vector Wake last week in the pursuit of a simplified set of settings which would make the product easier to operate and to learn how to use. Our goal was to reduce the settings from a total of 4, down to just two settings. Basically we were looking to prove if an optimal all-in-one setting could be found that produced the results needed for each watersports activity without any compromises in performance plus an off setting which would in essence allow for maximum speed and fuel efficiency.

I am pleased to share that not only did we prove that an optimal setting could be achieved, which we found and tested, but we've also found that it is possible to eliminate the need to make adjustments at all in favor of an optimized setting which has practically zero impact on top speed and fuel economy and still produces the results we were getting in earlier versions tested. Actually, the tests with this new optimized setting are the best we've seen yet!!

Our goal as of now is to produce a Thrust Vector Wake product that you simply install and forget about! You would not have to concern yourself with the question of whether or not you're in the proper setting while Tubing or Surfing or Wakeboarding or simply cruising. You would not have to ask yourself did I forget to turn it off when you're running 45 mph down the lake! You would not have to train someone else how to use it if you let someone else drive or borrow the boat. If we're successful, which I believe we will be, we'll be shipping product that comes preset from the factory with no need to tweak or adjust ever!

This lesson of simplicity and avoiding complexity was learned during the R&D phase of the Lateral Thruster project last year. Our single engine version had some moving parts inside and it was discovered at the end of the project that we could get the same results that we were getting on the moving parts version on a newer less complex version with no moving parts! It was a win win for everyone. No moving parts meant more dependability and less maintenance for the user plus less risk and lower costs to build for the manufacturer!

When we're done with the Thrust Vector Wake project and it is shipping to customers it is my hope that we'll be able to sell a product that is simple, reliable and most importantly just simply works! All our testing tells us that all of this is possible! Pictures and video coming as soon as we get some more warm weather! Its 37 here in Florida right now!!!

Thanks for sticking with us during this process and for your patience as we perfect your Thrust Vector Wake!

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So we have some potentially big news to announce about the Thrust Vector Wake!

We began testing a new version of the Thrust Vector Wake last week in the pursuit of a simplified set of settings which would make the product easier to operate and to learn how to use. Our goal was to reduce the settings from a total of 4, down to just two settings. Basically we were looking to prove if an optimal all-in-one setting could be found that produced the results needed for each watersports activity without any compromises in performance plus an off setting which would in essence allow for maximum speed and fuel efficiency.

I am pleased to share that not only did we prove that an optimal setting could be achieved, which we found and tested, but we've also found that it is possible to eliminate the need to make adjustments at all in favor of an optimized setting which has practically zero impact on top speed and fuel economy and still produces the results we were getting in earlier versions tested. Actually, the tests with this new optimized setting are the best we've seen yet!!

Our goal as of now is to produce a Thrust Vector Wake product that you simply install and forget about! You would not have to concern yourself with the question of whether or not you're in the proper setting while Tubing or Surfing or Wakeboarding or simply cruising. You would not have to ask yourself did I forget to turn it off when you're running 45 mph down the lake! You would not have to train someone else how to use it if you let someone else drive or borrow the boat. If we're successful, which I believe we will be, we'll be shipping product that comes preset from the factory with no need to tweak or adjust ever!

This lesson of simplicity and avoiding complexity was learned during the R&D phase of the Lateral Thruster project last year. Our single engine version had some moving parts inside and it was discovered at the end of the project that we could get the same results that we were getting on the moving parts version on a newer less complex version with no moving parts! It was a win win for everyone. No moving parts meant more dependability and less maintenance for the user plus less risk and lower costs to build for the manufacturer!

When we're done with the Thrust Vector Wake project and it is shipping to customers it is my hope that we'll be able to sell a product that is simple, reliable and most importantly just simply works! All our testing tells us that all of this is possible! Pictures and video coming as soon as we get some more warm weather! Its 37 here in Florida right now!!!

Thanks for sticking with us during this process and for your patience as we perfect your Thrust Vector Wake!
...and now it is half the price!!! No? Darnit it!

Great news, can't wait to see videos!

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
lower costs to build for the manufacturer!
Additional savings passed on to the customer, as well?? Lol

Great work! Looking forward to seeing your innovations!