• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Jobbie Nooner

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Interesting no mention of Jobbie Nooner here in the forum. Actually I only just heard about it myself today for the first time but according to Wikipedia it's a gathering in Lake St. Clair attracting more than 10,000 boats annually. I'm beyond the spring break age and would not be interested unless there is a family-friendly section.
See pictures here. Even better would be an alternate Jobbie Nooner for midwest Jet Boaters. Different day or different location. I would like to venture out on Lake St Clair (275,000 acres!) now that I have a new boat but not confident to go by myself yet.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Never been there. Looks like fun. Definitely have to be in the right mindset and place in life enjoy it though.

Looks like a very similar atmosphere to the Lake Cumberland Poker Run Party Cove. I've been there a couple years now. Probably not headed back though, the spring break atmosphere is bad for my health.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Worth noting, with all the boats and very shallow water, Lake St Clair is known for challenging (and sometimes vicious) chop. Strongly suggest you 1st venture out on a normal weekday, then 2nd try a normal Saturday, then 3rd try Jobbie Nooner. Note the ramps will be wild for J.N. and merely very exciting on a typical weekend.

Also, back in its 90s heyday, J.N. was known for being everything BUT family friendly (think pounding music, strippers, amateurs joining in, etc.)

Note I have not been to J.N., but I have been on St Clair a number of times in a friend's 26' PowerQuest... a closed-bow, coastal speeder designed for chop... and the foredeck got wet each time.