• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lets take a ride around Manhattan. . . .

Jay Petzold

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Always have wanted to go out and cruise around there. Unfortunately and fortunately I have my fatherly duty to coach little league all day, maybe next year!

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Always have wanted to go out and cruise around there. Unfortunately and fortunately I have my fatherly duty to coach little league all day, maybe next year!
Tell the assistant coach to take over and do your fatherly duty to bring your boy on a trip he won't soon forget. ; )

Jay Petzold

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Tell the assistant coach to take over and do your fatherly duty to bring your boy on a trip he won't soon forget. ; )
I secretly love coaching their teams as much as boating lol

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I secretly love coaching their teams as much as boating lol
Ha. . . . Wish I could say the same. Kids are getting pulled from soccer for this.

Jay Petzold

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I'm also wondering is it possible to get into Manhattan from long island sound? From maps it looks like it but dont know the waterway down there, i petty much boat on lakes, I've been out on the sound a couple times. I live 15 minutes off the CT coast

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I'm also wondering is it possible to get into Manhattan from long island sound? From maps it looks like it but dont know the waterway down there, i petty much boat on lakes, I've been out on the sound a couple times. I live 15 minutes off the CT coast
Absolutely possible. . . . Head west under the Throgs Neck Bridge, then Whitestone, etc. . . . @Zeus2013 may be coming from that direction if he launches in Oyster Bay.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Absolutely possible. . . . Head west under the Throgs Neck Bridge, then Whitestone, etc. . . . @Zeus2013 may be coming from that direction if he launches in Oyster Bay.
Red waypoint is the Throgs Neck Bridge

Screenshot_20170917-224157.jpg

Jay Petzold

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great to know would definitely be up for a spring run down there so i could plan it better

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I've commuted a few times from the Chesapeake Bay (MD/VA) to Long Island Sound, via East River.
On slower boats, you time the East River run to slack tide at Hells Gate, but not an issue with our boats.
At max, you can see 4-5 knots of flow. Not insignificant for sailboats, under power.

I am dragging my boat to NY for next weekend (from VA) and considering leaving at my childhood home, to participate in this trip a week later-

It's going to take at least until next weekend to know with any degree of confidence.

Have never head up the Hudson further than Ellis Island and Ms. Liberty and have always had all hands on deck from those places until getting to the Whitestone Bridge. Just amazing!!!

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok, so I have been talking to my wife about the trip. She feels coming from Oyster Bay will be to "bumpy" for her and the kids. She would rather drive up..HUH!?

She does real estate on the side so needs to make sure her team will not need her at an open house.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In addition to my reply to a PM about how long this trip would be, I am posting my reply here as I thought it might be a good reference for anyone who wanted to know.
------------------------------------------
Last time I took this trip it was 3.5 hours from launch to recovery. However, this will likely be a 5-6 hour trip as we are going to explore a bit further as long as conditions permit.
That said, most of the additional milage will be running in and around the city. . . . . so worst case scenario if you had to break off and head back it would be about 50 minutes back to the ramp from the southern tip of Manhattan.

BareHand42Style

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
guess whos back from playing hero down in Florida? This guy!!!

im back in as well as the other boat i mentioned previously for patsys

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
guess whos back from playing hero down in Florida? This guy!!!

im back in as well as the other boat i mentioned previously for patsys
Until they ship you to PR. . . . .; )

BareHand42Style

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Lol. They sent my crew back due to the possibility of jose hitting CT. Puerto rico is 100% out of power at the moment

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lol. They sent my crew back due to the possibility of jose hitting CT. Puerto rico is 100% out of power at the moment
I saw. . . .catastrophic damage there. Lets hope Maria heads out to sea.

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well looks like we are in. Have not decided if we are launching from Oyster Bay or taking the drive up to join the group, if a last minute decision is ok?

Most likely coming from Oyster Bay. Any ideas where to meet up?

Tobes

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
What's the cost for a tour Thanksgiving weekend? :D Ill be visiting NYC!

Although, y'all may have your boats stored by then. Not sure how it goes up there. Over here, we run year round.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Are there any safe hotels around that area where we can put up for the night along with the boat? If we are doing a whole day of boating I would rather settle in a hotel for the night and drive home the next day.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I can't imagine towing anything, much less a boat, around NYC. Then to park my truck and boat in a parking lot overnight, forgetaboutit! I know I wouldn't sleep.

My wife and I visited NYC just before Thanksgiving last year and we never once feared for our safety. It's a great city with lots of interesting people. But I didn't have a vehicle and didn't drive anywhere either. It was our two feet or the subway to move around in the city.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can't imagine towing anything, much less a boat, around NYC. Then to park my truck and boat in a parking lot overnight, forgetaboutit! I know I wouldn't sleep.

My wife and I visited NYC just before Thanksgiving last year and we never once feared for our safety. It's a great city with lots of interesting people. But I didn't have a vehicle and didn't drive anywhere either. It was our two feet or the subway to move around in the city.
You wouldnt be towing into the city. . . . Lol

We are launching 30+ miles north of the city and boating down/around there.