• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Loctite 572 substitute

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, his manual has it in 3 different units of measure, so it is likely not a typo...

I bet without the .7 you void your warranty.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think my torque wrench only goes up to 220. I think at around 200 3/8 extensions and anvils start to give up. watch out.

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
floridaman79, When I removed my pump the mating surface was covered in black sealant. It doesn't look like your pump was or you cleaned it well. Did you have any sealant? If so did you reapply any?? I hava a 2020 212S FYI

Floridaman79

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I have a 2020 210 fsh. Mine didn't have sealant, just a gasket that came off clean so I reused it.20201022_082132.jpg

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I didnt have the gasket item 12 but I had the sealant item 11. Sounds like you are the exact opposite. 🙄

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
My mistake 11 is a o ring, my pump dosen't have any of that.

FLJetBoater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My mistake 11 is a o ring, my pump dosen't have any of that.
Me neither. Just says to use gasket maker between all those main pump part connections.

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Folks, premise this by saying that since I'm goofing off at work I just skimmed this thread but I called Permatex with a similar question (what's the difference between Permatex and Loctite - other than price!) when I replaced the thermostat and the recommended Loctite option was an expensive alternative.
Permatex guy said - again, in my thermostat case - they were *not* interchangeable. Different temperature tolerances (yeah, not applicable for the pump) but, more importantly, one's for FINE threads, the other's for COARSE threads only.

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes it will since it’s reverse threaded. Also I like that it’s 238.7 as if that last .7 after 238ft lbs will make the difference between slipping or not :) I assume it’s the result of some specific engineering formula hence the decimal but in a practical sense I can’t imagine anyone is calibrating to the decimals when tightening at that high a torque.
I would like to know the engineering justification for that 239 ft-lb torque.

FLJetBoater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

FLJetBoater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm re-assembling my new impeller housing + new impeller and I noticed on here that there is no loctite specified for bolts #7. Seems strange since these bolts hold the entire impeller housing + pump assembly onto the transom plate. Those bolts were VERY difficult (just very hard to turn, but no corrosion) to remove yesterday. Also, looked like there was some red-ish stuff around the bolt holes. Thoughts?

Attachments

sjbrush

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm re-assembling my new impeller housing + new impeller and I noticed on here that there is no loctite specified for bolts #7. Seems strange since these bolts hold the entire impeller housing + pump assembly onto the transom plate. Those bolts were VERY difficult (just very hard to turn, but no corrosion) to remove yesterday. Also, looked like there was some red-ish stuff around the bolt holes. Thoughts?
Did you ever get your answer on this. I'm putting mine back together as well and wondering if I should be using Loctite 567 on these four short bolts. Mine was also hard to get out and one was basically welded in. I ended up having to drill it out and re-tab the hole. I think for that reason alone I should be using the 567 as I thought it also acted as a sealant to stop corrosion. Any advice would be much appreciated.