• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

MEGA FANGs Cobra AK Power Steering: Doughnuts In Reverse

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Geez you guys keep on making me spend $$$$. I need to ban this site before I go broke. But on the bright side sign me up. So I can replace my regular fangs with the Mega fangs?

geohil

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
ok Email me directly for the mega fangs I only have a few sets available and I am cooking so the nursing home told me to get off the computer so I don't burn the place down again

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Jeff, where are you in Florida? I might be able to come up and ride one of your skis with you for a day lol

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Pinellas park next to ST Pete ,no problem but if you do you will never be happy on a stock ski again it's like piloting a fighter plane.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
To each their own

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Well If I was back in Webster on the lake , but here in the gulf of Mexico probably not.
I have a flying couch

Last edited:

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Cobra Jet Steering LLC The Original owner of my boat installed these, to improve steering response. They work very well. However I would like to improve reverse response especially in a light crosswind. Are these compatible with adding fangs? Please excuse the unwashed equipment.
20171123_082420.jpg 20171123_082524.jpg

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Ok so you have the Ultimates the early 6 hole system They look like they have served your boat well. The base plates under the nozzle do not have the 4 holes needed for attaching the mega fangs, so you would need to change the base plate to the newer style. Everything else is the same.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes they have. Never had any problems with them. So I will need a new style base plate to mount the fangs. Its not as simple as drilling 4 holes? Oh well. What is the additional cost for the base plates, if available?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
You could disassemble the plates and send them to me and I can drill them for you I forgot about that sorry, just be sure to save all the parts that hold the plates to the nozzle so you can reinstall them. I also have a template that you can use yourself But if you go that rout be very careful not to mess up the hole locations as it will change the angles or worse.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ok thank you, I will decide which path to take. The template will be the most likely route. As long as I can align the template, I have center punches and a drill press if necessary, otherwise a hand drill. But will finalize details when I place the order. BTW surprised they let you have power tools at the nursing home, just kidding.;) Im not far behind at 57.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
If you take the right pictures of the right people doing the wrong things you can get all sorts of favors here. I learned this early.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Since the mega fangs are compatible with the Ultimate systems with the newer base plates that I have been putting out for a few years, therefore lots of people have those.
I may do a sale on steering systems like The Ultimates and The magnum A K systems but I can't do one on the Mega Fangs themselves since I only have a few in stock.
however if people get the system now they can always add the Mega Fangs at a later time.
I haven't really decided exactly what I want to put on sale yet. I have plenty of the Ultimate systems and the Magnum A K systems and VIPERS , "those have the fangs built in to the system already" so for the 19 foot boats those are a great deal .
I will most likely decide this in the next few days.
Just remember the mega fangs give you an excellent REAL reverse and power steering plus enhanced braking. The features that boaters are accustom to having and rely on every day they take their boats out.
The enhanced all time steering is also a great feature for the ladies operating the boat because it handles so well at all speeds. So adding a system to the boat makes it a lot more versatile and user friendly, knowing you can upgrade it for the other features is an additional benefit.

Attachments

Last edited:

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Got my order in! Luckily he lives a few blocks from me, with any luck he will be over tomorrow to install them for me!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Ok so I snuck out of the nursing home disguised as the cable guy, so I could go install his Magnum A K system with the Mega fangs. . Before and after shots.

Attachments

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ok so you have the Ultimates the early 6 hole system They look like they have served your boat well. The base plates under the nozzle do not have the 4 holes needed for attaching the mega fangs, so you would need to change the base plate to the newer style. Everything else is the same.
You could disassemble the plates and send them to me and I can drill them for you I forgot about that sorry, just be sure to save all the parts that hold the plates to the nozzle so you can reinstall them. I also have a template that you can use yourself But if you go that rout be very careful not to mess up the hole locations as it will change the angles or worse.
My wife asked me what I would like for my 57th birthday next week and I almost immediately said Mega Fangs for the Yamaha. Do you still have a set of mega fangs available to adapt, by using a template and drilling 4 holes in my existing Ultimates base plate? How should I tell her to proceed? I can PM you any further information you will need. I was on your website, but I did not want this special order to get lost in the shuffle.

P.S. Born in Mass. Also. South Shore.