• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Mooring Cover Mod for Trolling Motor

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm not sure if I'm the only one, but I'm betting I'm not...

For those of you who have trolling motors, is the most annoying part of your boat the process of removing your trolling motor, trying to find a place to secure it, so that you can put the mooring cover on?

I'm thinking of trying to modify the cover somehow to make it so I can leave the TM in place since it's the worst part of any of my boat related processes currently.

I'd love to see pictures if anyone has done anything!

Force15

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Did you ever find a solution to this? I have 210 FSH Sport with same issue.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Your best bet is to take it to a canvas shop and see if they can modify the cover to fit the way you want it to. I’m in the process of having my OEM mooring cover modified to fit over the anchor roller I installed, but not over the installed trolling motor.

I remove my trolling motor and put it on the deck regularly, whether it is for installing the cover or for towing beyond the two closest lakes to my house which are 20 mins away, the quick release mount takes about 3 seconds to release, the main power and communication plugs add another 10 seconds.

The cover I use 99% of the time is an Empire / Budge universal cover that goes over the entire top half of my boat, and fits over the OEM trolling motor mount and the anchor roller I installed. The one I chose is the 600 denier nylon version. (https://www.empirecovers.com/boat-covers/yamaha/210-fsh-sport/2020/btht-6/b60/494-triton-boat-cover#productDetailsTabs2) as opposed to the 1200 denier version ( https://www.empirecovers.com/boat-covers/yamaha/210-fsh-sport/2020/btht-6/b1200/449-aqua-armor-boat-cover) for weight and ease of installation / removal reasons, I think the 600 denier version is 38#. This cover is now 3.5 years old, I live at 4500’ and summer days are long with intense sunshine and I think the cover is holding up well. It’s not as sexy as the OEM cover but I think it offers more protection, and it’s easy for me to take the back edge off and get up under the cover and work on the boat while it’s on.

I see that currently my cover is $263.99 with free shipping with the normal 50% off plus an extra 20% off for Presidents’ Day.

DE239A87-074E-48B4-AEFF-4BB83A77EECF.jpeg

Last edited:

Bottom Bracket

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Travelig with my mooring cover on, my troller is in my campershell.
Staying at a motel? Troller is removed from boat and mooring cover on.
Staying somewhere (vrbo) with an rv gate, troller stays on boat and I use a different cover that stretches snug over the troller.
Boat lives inside my shop with the troller on it.
I picked up a light weight dirt bike work stand for making it easier to mount and remove troller.

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yeah I ended up taking the boat to a boat cover/canvas shop. They modded my mooring cover to add a third buckle, and cut a seam, vertically where it can Velcro together and cut a line around the motor mount. Super glad I did it. I can’t believe I can’t find the pictures I took of it. I get the boat back early April and then I can show pictures.

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Alright, snapped a pick when I brought my boat from winter storage to summer storage.

The rundown is at the bottom edge of the cover where the ratchet strap runs, they cut it and inserted a YKK buckle, presumably to match the others that separate the strap by the tower. This buckle ultimately failed for me and I ended up replacing it with a stronger metal buckle. I assume it wasn't quite the quality of the factory YKK because I've not had a problem with those.

They cut the cover vertically then also and added some material so the sides would overlap and sewed in 2" heavy duty Velcro.

Where the old mount projection was in the cover, they cut a hole and sewed in some extra material to create a shroud, with a tie so that it could be tight up against the trolling motor base.boatcover.jpg

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Alright, snapped a pick when I brought my boat from winter storage to summer storage.

The rundown is at the bottom edge of the cover where the ratchet strap runs, they cut it and inserted a YKK buckle, presumably to match the others that separate the strap by the tower. This buckle ultimately failed for me and I ended up replacing it with a stronger metal buckle. I assume it wasn't quite the quality of the factory YKK because I've not had a problem with those.

They cut the cover vertically then also and added some material so the sides would overlap and sewed in 2" heavy duty Velcro.

Where the old mount projection was in the cover, they cut a hole and sewed in some extra material to create a shroud, with a tie so that it could be tight up against the trolling motor base.View attachment 218402
Looks great and I‘m sure it will shed water like that too! Well done!