• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My 195 fsh review after a few months of use. The boat is amazing!!!

Joe_C

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have used the boat several times on a lake in PA and have just returned from a trip to the Southern Outer Banks. Emerald Isle / Atlantic Beach NC area.

The boat has been super easy to launch and re-trailer. The boat handled going out the bogue inlet really well. We went offshore twice. Caught some nice spanish mackerel and even a decent size King. A third time we had to turn around and come back in one morning because the inlet was too rough. Many other boats were turning around as well so I didn't feel bad that I chickened out that one morning. The swells were very steep and at a much quicker interval which made it very difficult. Took a few waves over the bow and the self draining hull worked well. I now know how to look at the noaa marine forecast and be able to tell if the inlet is navigable for a 20' boat. Tide, steepness, direction, interval in addition to size all make a big difference. We saw 1-2 ft waves on the beach and thought lets gooooo............ but there was a lot more to it than that.

The performance of the boat being able to cruise at 35-40mph with the boost up to 48mph allowed us to pass other boats in the sometimes crowded ICW with ease.

The boat handled the currents and the wind at the launches well although one day the current was so strong that even in full reverse was not able to make progress in reverse. Turns out it is easier to head into the current anyways and then turn into the dock instead of using reverse to control forward speed with the current.

Even though the 195 says it can handle 8 passengers it is really only capable of comfortably accommodating 4 people.

The channel from the launch can be very shallow at low tide. The helix was showing 1.5 -2' many times and we weren't even stirring up the bottom yet. this was one of my biggest concerns getting a jet drive. No one at the NC shore has them. Everyone I saw at the launch always said make sure you don't suck up any sand. Never even came close to it. In my opinion anytime you would be shallow enough to suck up sand you would have damaged an outboard anyways.

Any advantage an outboard may have in the ICW is blown away by the functionality of the swim deck when anchoring/beaching at a sand bar. again didn't even come close to sucking up any sand. backed into the sand bar and then when around 2' just shut the engine down and let momentum do the rest. The swim platform only being 6" above the water made it so easy to get in and out of the boat.

Overall I love the 195fsh - I only wish the 210 had bigger engines.... I would have bought a 210 instead

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Great write-up and review! It looks like we'll be getting a 2021 195 FSH sport in the next month or so. Living here in NC, we mostly plan on using it out at the coast.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have used the boat several times on a lake in PA and have just returned from a trip to the Southern Outer Banks. Emerald Isle / Atlantic Beach NC area.

The boat has been super easy to launch and re-trailer. The boat handled going out the bogue inlet really well. We went offshore twice. Caught some nice spanish mackerel and even a decent size King. A third time we had to turn around and come back in one morning because the inlet was too rough. Many other boats were turning around as well so I didn't feel bad that I chickened out that one morning. The swells were very steep and at a much quicker interval which made it very difficult. Took a few waves over the bow and the self draining hull worked well. I now know how to look at the noaa marine forecast and be able to tell if the inlet is navigable for a 20' boat. Tide, steepness, direction, interval in addition to size all make a big difference. We saw 1-2 ft waves on the beach and thought lets gooooo............ but there was a lot more to it than that.

The performance of the boat being able to cruise at 35-40mph with the boost up to 48mph allowed us to pass other boats in the sometimes crowded ICW with ease.

The boat handled the currents and the wind at the launches well although one day the current was so strong that even in full reverse was not able to make progress in reverse. Turns out it is easier to head into the current anyways and then turn into the dock instead of using reverse to control forward speed with the current.

Even though the 195 says it can handle 8 passengers it is really only capable of comfortably accommodating 4 people.

The channel from the launch can be very shallow at low tide. The helix was showing 1.5 -2' many times and we weren't even stirring up the bottom yet. this was one of my biggest concerns getting a jet drive. No one at the NC shore has them. Everyone I saw at the launch always said make sure you don't suck up any sand. Never even came close to it. In my opinion anytime you would be shallow enough to suck up sand you would have damaged an outboard anyways.

Any advantage an outboard may have in the ICW is blown away by the functionality of the swim deck when anchoring/beaching at a sand bar. again didn't even come close to sucking up any sand. backed into the sand bar and then when around 2' just shut the engine down and let momentum do the rest. The swim platform only being 6" above the water made it so easy to get in and out of the boat.

Overall I love the 195fsh - I only wish the 210 had bigger engines.... I would have bought a 210 instead
Glad to see you are enjoying your boat so much!

Joe_C

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Great write-up and review! It looks like we'll be getting a 2021 195 FSH sport in the next month or so. Living here in NC, we mostly plan on using it out at the coast.
Did you end up getting a new boat.

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Did you end up getting a new boat.
I have a deposit down and the boat is at the dealer. I asked if they could wait a few more days so I could wrap up my home refi, then I'll complete the boat transaction. Hopefully I'll have it the end of next week.

Joe_C

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have a deposit down and the boat is at the dealer. I asked if they could wait a few more days so I could wrap up my home refi, then I'll complete the boat transaction. Hopefully I'll have it the end of next week.
great give us an update .... I will be glad to see another yamaha at the coast. We are few and far between

TomP

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Joe,

Glad to here you're enjoying the 195. I bought a 195 sport just before July 4th. Having a blast. The boat is fasssssst. I bought my in NY but I live in NJ. So I had to register it myself. I knew she was going to be fast when the DMV guy behind the counter looked at the Certificate of Origin and said "does this boat really have 245hp". :)

I've been resisting the urge to drill :) I'm in Greenwood Lake NJ. I don't even have any electronics in it yet. I've boated GWL for about 15 years. So I know the waters.

I did have the dealer put in the bow seat the the Deluxe come with. I'm planning a trolling moter in the future.

What mods have you done?

How have you addressed the leaks? Love the cup holders :cool:

Tom

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
great give us an update .... I will be glad to see another yamaha at the coast. We are few and far between
Will do! It's been hard being patient. Definitely plan on taking it easy to learn the boat real good on a lake before taking out to the coast.