• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New AR250 Owner

TampaJet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello All!

We are taking delivery of a 2021 AR250 in a couple days. I come from many years of experience of small and large saltwater boats. I partnered with a friend on this purchase, and will be using it throughout tampa bay. It’s a beautiful boat, and I trust Yamaha’s reliability. My only concern is comfort in 2-3 ft chop at cruise speed. That is a pretty common water condition in the bay. Can someone provide some feedback? The furthest it will be going is Anna Maria or Egmont key from downtown tampa. We picked this boat over a one year old deep v center console (25 ft), I hope we don’t regret our decision.

Attachments

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Can't comment on ride chareristics, but welcome to the forum, That's a fine looking boat.

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome aboard! Nice looking boat.

It may take some time to get feedback on the new 25ft hull and how it handles chop, as there aren’t a ton of hours logged yet (I don’t have one). Many have posted positive experiences with install trim tabs on their 21-24fts, that might be a consideration if you find the handling not to your liking. I’ve had my 21’ft in the bay w ~2fts and was surprised in how it handled them, I slowed down to ensure ride comfort.

Some additional considerations - since your boats primary use will be salt water, buy a can of CorrosionX, or CorrosionX HD, and spend 10 minutes spraying down all of the hose clamps that you can spot in the bilge area (that is, there should be an access tray between the clean out ports, and you’ll probably be able to see ~10-12 clamps), plus whatever clamps you can find in the engine compartment. This will help with protecting their longevity in a salt environment. Also, if you have not already, consider some Salt-A-Way/Salt-Off for flushing the engines/rinsing off the boat post your outings.

Hope the AR250 meets and/or exceeds your expectations! Be sure to let us know how the maiden voyage treats you!

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You will find adding trim tabs will greatly improve the ride quality in chop. The Lectrotabs I installed on our 23'er were the best ride improvement mod. on the boat. My wife can sit in the bow, her favorite seat, without getting bounced around in 2' chop. I still don't know why Yamaha does not install as standard equipment on the larger boats.

TampaJet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard! Nice looking boat.

It may take some time to get feedback on the new 25ft hull and how it handles chop, as there aren’t a ton of hours logged yet (I don’t have one). Many have posted positive experiences with install trim tabs on their 21-24fts, that might be a consideration if you find the handling not to your liking. I’ve had my 21’ft in the bay w ~2fts and was surprised in how it handled them, I slowed down to ensure ride comfort.

Some additional considerations - since your boats primary use will be salt water, buy a can of CorrosionX, or CorrosionX HD, and spend 10 minutes spraying down all of the hose clamps that you can spot in the bilge area (that is, there should be an access tray between the clean out ports, and you’ll probably be able to see ~10-12 clamps), plus whatever clamps you can find in the engine compartment. This will help with protecting their longevity in a salt environment. Also, if you have not already, consider some Salt-A-Way/Salt-Off for flushing the engines/rinsing off the boat post your outings.

Hope the AR250 meets and/or exceeds your expectations! Be sure to let us know how the maiden voyage treats you!
Is this the correct CorrosionX?

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome to the forum. I also have an AR250 and have taken it out twice in the Tampa Bay area. I don't have experience with a boat this size in our area since i mostly ride my wave runner. But so far, for those two rides it wasn't bad. I was around Davis Island, down to BCI and the Apollo beach area.

I started to use CorrosionX also after recommendations on this board. That is the same one I bought and used on the boat, ski and trailers. It has a really strong odor, so do it outdoors and not like me in the garage for my ski. lol

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes, it sprays a light green oil. A little goes a long way. The “HD” version (Green can/label) is more brown in color and is great for use on the jet pumps/linkages. This is my first season using this product, but others here have posted that you only need to apply it annually vs many of the other products that tend to rinse off easily.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I boat in Tampa Bay all the time. I have a 22' which I installed trims tabs so I can stay in 2-3 footers. But at times, depending on the swell it can still get bumpy. These boat do not have a deep V which is get for shallow waters (especially in the bay where the depths can be troublesome). Good luck and :Welcome: to the forum. Tons of great stuff here with good members. Let us know if you need anything.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Change out bow roller to an orange Stoltz before that plastic yellow one they send stock scratches up front of boat. Easiest and best first mod. Big congrats amazing boat!

TampaJet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Change out bow roller to an orange Stoltz before that plastic yellow one they send stock scratches up front of boat. Easiest and best first mod. Big congrats amazing boat!
Thanks for the heads up! It’s going to be on a lift most of the time.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
We are taking delivery of a 2021 AR250 in a couple days.
:Welcome:
Congrats on the boat! As for chop, it has a 20* deadrise so it should ride and handle chop similar to other boats with a V-hull of 20* and similar weight. Our 212 handles chop fairly well, not as good as a 34' Fountain with a 24* deadrise that weighs 4x as much though. We came from an old I/O prop boat with an 8* deadrise, so this was a huge improvement with much less hull packing. The best ride comes with weight, so big performance boats and cruisers ride better than a 4000 lbs bowrider. There's a reason water is nicknamed "liquid concrete"...

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length