• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Newer 24 foot anchor locker drain- Can you check yours for me?

SeanPC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@MrMoose - Baby powder is a brilliant idea! I'll suggest my dealership do the same. Really don't want to have to drag it up to Dallas more than once! Phil Dill in Lewisville

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My first step was to open the clean-out access hatch and puff baby powder into the transom/bilge section of the boat from the inside of the deck surface down to the bottom of the bilge, everything was covered with a light dusting.

^^^actual photo of @MrMoose

--

SeanPC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Boat is going to the dealership soon to have the water leak, transom remote and Connext GPS issues fixed. Quoted me $475 for the 10 hour service so I'll be doing that myself and thoroughly documenting.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Boat is going to the dealership soon to have the water leak, transom remote and Connext GPS issues fixed. Quoted me $475 for the 10 hour service so I'll be doing that myself and thoroughly documenting.
Good luck.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree it seems like it's just a $2 part and a simple fix but it's a new boat that shouldn't have this issue. All of our stuff under the seats got soaked, phones, keys, purses etc... I then have to spend hours cleaning it (salt water),remove everything, take the boat off of the lift and take it to the dealership. The dealership had the boat almost as long as I had it in my possession. I get the boat back to find that the repair shop scratched up the pad on the swim platform and the anchor locker grommet looks like it was done by a blind man with no arms. I know this part isn't yamahas fault but it's a vicious chain of events that causes a lot of frustration.
Another small issue but annoying is that the anchor locker wouldn't latch. It's an easy fix but how do these things pass right through inspection? I wonder what else is wrong with the boat that I don't know about or where the salt water got to that's going to cause premature problems down the road.
I too had a problem where the anchor locker wouldn't lock, but after careful investigation and fiddling around, I found that the problem is the little ball that is tied to the bow ladder. It must be in the right slot/place for the anchor locker to latch down. Once I figured where this ball needs to be, the anchor locker stays down like a champ.