• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

One picture of your last outing.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It was a great weekend on the lake but not for somebody. Near where we were swimming was two burned out boats. I could only find one news report that said a 911 call came in around 3:00 am on May 30th and they put the fire out. I would love to know how you burn two rather large boats at the same time end to end. They obviously burned while against the shore as the trees are burned.View attachment 121241
View attachment 121242
It was either an insurance scam or they were tied up together partying and one of them caught fire and it spread to the second one. Had it happen during the day you would have seen very thick black smoke for miles. Something tells me it was probably an electrical short since it seemed to happen in the middle of the night and they were probably sleeping when it started. Hope nobody was seriously hurt. Boat fires suck! Ask me how I know.

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It was either an insurance scam or they were tied up together partying and one of them caught fire and it spread to the second one. Had it happen during the day you would have seen very thick black smoke for miles. Something tells me it was probably an electrical short since it seemed to happen in the middle of the night and they were probably sleeping when it started. Hope nobody was seriously hurt. Boat fires suck! Ask me how I know.
I’ve seen grease fires on boat grills go sideways quick. Everyone’s first instinct after it lights up (especially after a few alcoholic beverages) is to use all that water around the boat to put it out, which also the completely wrong answer. Close the lid, grab a fire extinguisher, Hope it burns out before you have to spray it. Watched it happen last weekend at a boat parked about 50ft from mine. The family wants a boat grill, I’ve taken a firm stance on getting a little portable one and only using it on the beach.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Took today off to get some lake time. My wife desperately needs to learn to back the trailer and needed an empty ramp. She struggled, but I think she'll get it. Got my first ropeless run in. I'm not quite good enough to stay long in the small pocket with just the stock ballasts and wake booster.FB_IMG_1591214915404.jpg20200603_103907.jpg

BDOne

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got a slip at rowena over memorial weekend, pretty nice place
I wish that marina was closer to us. Dave (the GM) is very knowledgable, and just a good guy. I've known him for years, and I am sure he strives to make his customers happy.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
20200603_203555.jpg
Made it out for a couple of hours this evening after work. Just swam with the kids and watched the sun set. Pretty perfect 🌅

Last edited:

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Started a Instagram for boat adventures. I've done photography for the vape industry for years now (@driptography), and decided to start bringing my camera on the boat.
Screenshot_20200603-080335_Instagram.jpg

Miitch

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Took her out for the very first time! Tubing lasted all of about 10 minutes with the FREEZING cold water. Have to wait a little while longer I suppose... 73BCFCEC-69FF-4EAC-8E47-CFA4553200E4.jpeg3D4E77F5-8A47-49AA-83CD-335E5744D15C.jpegAB6DB6BA-53BE-44A9-A6A2-7C446FB72568.jpeg

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Decided to avoid the crowds and boat late. I found a nice hole in the sky.
FA787B1C-A1BD-4B1A-B48F-4277BD18733C.jpeg

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Took today off to get some lake time. My wife desperately needs to learn to back the trailer and needed an empty ramp. She struggled, but I think she'll get it. Got my first ropeless run in. I'm not quite good enough to stay long in the small pocket with just the stock ballasts and wake booster.
If your truck has the pro trailer backup assist I STRONGLY recommend setting it up for her. Made all the difference with my co captain being able to do it.

Miitch

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Showed the boat off to the friends today. second voyage, no issues! Looked a bit stormy but passed right over (thankfully)B679A1C5-078A-49CD-A5CC-4147669B7A0C.jpeg

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Good times at lake Lanier

IMG_20200606_155438.jpg

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
If your truck has the pro trailer backup assist I STRONGLY recommend setting it up for her. Made all the difference with my co captain being able to do it.
It does and I just set it up and used it for the first time. Holy crap what a cool system. It was weird for me, almost had to untrain myself how to back up a trailer using it. Only downside is she'll have to learn to back out of parking spots. I wish it worked instantaneous without having to pull forward.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
It does and I just set it up and used it for the first time. Holy crap what a cool system. It was weird for me, almost had to untrain myself how to back up a trailer using it. Only downside is she'll have to learn to back out of parking spots. I wish it worked instantaneous without having to pull forward.
For me personally I don’t care to use it, I’ve been backing up trailers since I was 10 on the farm. But to give someone that has never backed a trailer that tool, it’s pretty cool. I don’t think you necessarily have to pull forward to use it once it’s set up, but the rig has to be marginally straight. It is pretty cool that it keeps the trailer perfectly straight with no input. I will say it is a lifesaver at the ramp, get yourself a couple walkie talkies and you’ll both look like ramp heroes!

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
For me personally I don’t care to use it, I’ve been backing up trailers since I was 10 on the farm. But to give someone that has never backed a trailer that tool, it’s pretty cool. I don’t think you necessarily have to pull forward to use it once it’s set up, but the rig has to be marginally straight. It is pretty cool that it keeps the trailer perfectly straight with no input. I will say it is a lifesaver at the ramp, get yourself a couple walkie talkies and you’ll both look like ramp heroes!
Ah, nice good to know. The perfectly straight thing is money. I never realized how hard it is for someone to backup a trailer straight until watching my wife learn. I've been backing boat trailers since I was 14. Learned on a 2wd 2 door nissan, with manual transmission, and nothing power. That was interesting, but I learned quickly. My wife sat in the truck and watched me last time and she said it's just so effortless for you. I said welllll yeah but I've been doing it most of my life now.