• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

One picture of your last outing.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Taken Sunday (7/30/23) morning while docked at the Marina Bar and Grill for breakfast. My dogs first or second boat ride. She loves it and her nails have not torn up the new upholstery, yet anyway.
IMG_5246.jpegIMG_2986.jpegIMG_2980.jpeg

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Myrtle Beach, Murrells Inlet, Georgetown.... had a great time!

IMG_3540.JPG

IMG_3544.JPG

IMG_3547.JPG

tempImagecC61KD.png

IMG_3295.JPG

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length

Cleveland Steamer

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Soooooo, I’ve been teaching my daughters (now 19 & 16) to operate the boat for the last 5 years. I’ve officially been letting them take it out on their own. Frankly, I’m super proud of them. It’s a life experience that they will have when I’m long gone.

IMG_2116.jpeg
IMG_2119.jpeg

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Soooooo, I’ve been teaching my daughters (now 19 & 16) to operate the boat for the last 5 years. I’ve officially been letting them take it out on their own. Frankly, I’m super proud of them. It’s a life experience that they will have when I’m long gone.

View attachment 205527
View attachment 205528
I had a 1973 Glastron trihull I used to run around all over the ICW and rivers growing up by myself. But oh boy the debauchery I would get into on said boat......not sure I'll do the same with my kid(s). If only my parents knew what I used to get into. LOLOLOL!

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I had a 1973 Glastron trihull I used to run around all over the ICW and rivers growing up by myself. But oh boy the debauchery I would get into on said boat......not sure I'll do the same with my kid(s). If only my parents knew what I used to get into. LOLOLOL!
On a flip side, kids that realize what they have are less likely to “mess up” compared to kids that think they are “entitled” to what they have. My buddy had an Alumacraft with a 150 fully rigged for walleye fishing in Lake Erie. I was able to use it whenever I wanted at 22 years old because I appreciated the boat and him. I also kept it cleaner than he ever did and did all the maintenance for when we needed it. Congrats to the girls and parents for the trust!

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
On a flip side, kids that realize what they have are less likely to “mess up” compared to kids that think they are “entitled” to what they have. My buddy had an Alumacraft with a 150 fully rigged for walleye fishing in Lake Erie. I was able to use it whenever I wanted at 22 years old because I appreciated the boat and him. I also kept it cleaner than he ever did and did all the maintenance for when we needed it. Congrats to the girls and parents for the trust!
Oh I took care of that boat and all of our water toys 100000%. That's partly where me being super particular came from. Just however while out on the boat did some questionable things. LOL! Never drank/drove or anything that dumb. I would however take girls out quite frequently......and would do other really stupid things. Oddly enough the only time I had any damage to the boat was when we got caught in a storm and was trying to hide under a bridge and wait it out. A massive sport fish came flying through and me trying to get out of his way hit the barrier of the bridge. I was barely going above idle and was actually with my dad and brother at the time. Neither was pissed cause it was either get out of that guys way or he was definitely going to hit us. Or his wake would have pushed us into the bridge doing more damage.

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The TR-1’s may not top out over 40mph and loses 2 mph with every couple on board, but it never fails to pull my 230 lb ass out of the water in less than two seconds.IMG_0863.jpeg