• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Only 2 liters during Oil Change

mcp9044

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Using a manual pump on 2020 AR 195 and can only get 2 liters of oil out. Feels like there is a screen or something in the dip stick tube preventing the extractor going all the way down. Thoughts on what i am doing wrong?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Yea there is some film or something at the bottom of the tube but I do feel the plastic tube go past it. First you need to put a level on top of the engine then you need to manipulate the trailer to get the engine 1/2 bubble forward and 1/2 bubble to the right so the oil settles down by the tube then remove the filler cap so the oil settles in the front right of the engine venting the engine seems to help. When I do my oil changes I use an electric automotive fuel pump made for fuel injection I also use a calibrated oil can to collect the oil I don't run the engine first when I remove the oil I move the pickup tube up and down about 1 inch slowly I can see the oil being pulled out via the transparent tube. When it seems like the oil has stopped I un plug the pump and wait a few minutes and go back to removing the oil until I have over 3 quarts then I change the filter . I always get over 3 quarts of oil out not counting the filter. I put back only what I removed and the top it off when I go to the water. in the water I run the engine for a very short time to fill the oil filter then I add what I need to get just short of the top bar on the dip stick. Remember oil does not go bad it just gets dirty so if it isn't dirty you don't need to change it really!!!

mcp9044

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thanks Jeff. I positioned the trailer like you described. Got past the flap in the dip stick tube but still only got 2.5 liters. ~2.65 quarts out. Not including the oil filter. Not sure. Maybe she was low to begin with. Thanks for the help.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Ok so when you get to the water have the boat sitting and check the oil then bring it up to the proper level if it still needs oil also do not run it first.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Using a manual pump on 2020 AR 195 and can only get 2 liters of oil out. Feels like there is a screen or something in the dip stick tube preventing the extractor going all the way down. Thoughts on what i am doing wrong?
I had same problem- I even leveled the boat then when I only got 2 liters I half bubble forward on the level but could only get about 1/2 more.

So it’s possible I over filled by 1/2 quart …. Guess I’ll bring the extractor and check on the water before I run it too long

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
@mcp9044 @Farny The SVHO 1.8 engines should not be checked on the water as the boats tilt back a bit giving a fake low reading. Yamaha says to check them on the trailer or lift with the engines level.

When drawing the oil out, you need to wiggle and gently twist the hose as you push it into the dipstick tube. It'll catch on a ridge at first, but wiggle and twist a little and it'll slip in another few inches to get the full 3.5 qts out with filter change.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@mcp9044 @Farny The SVHO 1.8 engines should not be checked on the water as the boats tilt back a bit giving a fake low reading. Yamaha says to check them on the trailer or lift with the engines level.

When drawing the oil out, you need to wiggle and gently twist the hose as you push it into the dipstick tube. It'll catch on a ridge at first, but wiggle and twist a little and it'll slip in another few inches to get the full 3.5 qts out with filter change.
Seriously?? Shit !? I read somewhere you have to be gentle because there is a screen at the bottom of the dipstick tube you don’t want to break…. Ugh.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Do the 1.8’s not have a dedicated oil extraction hose on the engine?

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Not that I’m aware of. What a novel idea though
Thats how the TR-1’s are. But you have to use both the extraction hose and the dipstick hose.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Seriously?? Shit !? I read somewhere you have to be gentle because there is a screen at the bottom of the dipstick tube you don’t want to break…. Ugh.
No screen down there, just some sort of ridge from the casting I'm guessing...a little wiggle and twist while gently pushing and it'll slide past the ridge. Sometimes it slips past quickly, sometimes I have to turn the around about 180 to get it to slip in. I think how it hits the ridge affects how easily it slips past.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Do the 1.8’s not have a dedicated oil extraction hose on the engine?
Nope...just the dipstick tube. It works fine once you figure out the twisting procedure to get it in there. After doing a it a couple times and figuring it out, it's not too hard.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Any idea how to turn off / reset the maintenance due alarm/ timer? I reset it on the connex, but each time I turn the battery back on I still get the alarm and it shows the hours again at the number before the reset!!. 🫣

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

mcp9044

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thanks all. The boat was low and I needed to add another quart. All good now.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length