• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Our New 2024 222S

Rushfan67

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length
Quick Update: We were able to take the boat out last week over the break. Absolutely love this boat. The 1.9's are noticeably quieter and the boat handles amazing. 2 small issues that we did notice were 1) There was a strong smell of fuel especially when I reversed off the dock and also at times when just riding on the lake. I have been told that this could be just fumes since the air and water were cold. I did run the blower so Im not sure what it was but I have scheduled it to go back to the dealer to make sure everything is good to go. 2) The port side throttle had some drop off so when it goes back for the fuel thing they will address that too.

All in all even though it was cold and we didn't stay out too long, we really are happy with the the boat. Cant wait till it gets warmer so we can really enjoy it.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Quick Update: We were able to take the boat out last week over the break. Absolutely love this boat. The 1.9's are noticeably quieter and the boat handles amazing. 2 small issues that we did notice were 1) There was a strong smell of fuel especially when I reversed off the dock and also at times when just riding on the lake. I have been told that this could be just fumes since the air and water were cold. I did run the blower so Im not sure what it was but I have scheduled it to go back to the dealer to make sure everything is good to go. 2) The port side throttle had some drop off so when it goes back for the fuel thing they will address that too.

All in all even though it was cold and we didn't stay out too long, we really are happy with the the boat. Cant wait till it gets warmer so we can really enjoy it.
Glad you finally were able to get the boat out! Thanks for the report on the new engines being quieter.

The port side throttle drop is very common on the analog 714 remote control / throttle.

The fuel smell definitely needs to be figured out. Typically the outflow from the blowers is on the back rest of the top step of the swim step. Was the gas smell emanating from there? Had you filled the gas tank up all the way?

Rushfan67

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length
Glad you finally were able to get the boat out! Thanks for the report on the new engines being quieter.

The port side throttle drop is very common on the analog 714 remote control / throttle.

The fuel smell definitely needs to be figured out. Typically the outflow from the blowers is on the back rest of the top step of the swim step. Was the gas smell emanating from there? Had you filled the gas tank up all the way?
I put fuel in it before we took it out but did not fill it. Truthfully I am not sure where it was coming from. Not trying to sound like an idiot but I probably should have done a better job trying to isolate it. It was not consistent, really noticed it coming off the dock in reverse. I would say that was the time the smell was the most pronounced. We only had the boat out for about 30-40 minutes total due to the cold. Already spoke to the dealer and I am dropping it off on Monday. I will update as soon as I get a diagnosis.