• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Partzilla sucks

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I ordered 2 replacement cushions for my 2011 yamaha and 4 months later to the date they email me and say they dont have the cushions and wont be getting any in!!! I could have had them custom made by now. It really took 4 months to realize they didn't have and couldn't get them? Will never use them again.

I use them pretty often with no issues. It happens on older models.

Was it 4 months?

In the "Search" thread, this is an exact example of the point made about "closing the loop", AND not letting anyone know you already made a purchase 2 months prior to asking the question. I have no vested interest here, other than to say - I have questions, to say the least. I'm also another customer who recently completed an order with zero issues.

I wouldn't let this thread steer me away from using Partzilla in the least.

For the OP, communication is a two-way street. If I had ordered parts and hadn’t heard back in a week of two, I would have picked up the phone and checked on the status of my order.

I plan on keeping Partzilla in mind next time I order parts for my Polaris’s.

Jim

I usually haven't had issues with Partzilla either, until this summer. I ordered a replacement speaker grill for my 2017 back in May. It was supposed to ship late June. Beginning mid-June I have received an email every single week of an updated expected ship date. So by the time of writing this, I have received at least 10 emails of new ship dates. It is now expected to ship in late October. Ugh!

I have ordered from them numerous times and never had a problem, they have always had very good communication. I think the bigger problem is that are not getting any information from Yamaha, kind of hard to update a customer if you can’t get any updates from the manufacture.

I usually haven't had issues with Partzilla either, until this summer. I ordered a replacement speaker grill for my 2017 back in May. It was supposed to ship late June. Beginning mid-June I have received an email every single week of an updated expected ship date. So by the time of writing this, I have received at least 10 emails of new ship dates. It is now expected to ship in late October. Ugh!

I had this - a front seat for my 252. It took forever and a ton of e-mails with new dates but it eventually came in. They were at the mercy of Yamaha.

My issue with Partzilla was they gave the impression the part was in stock and they knew it wasn’t, and I didn’t know until I called asked, but they had taken my money at the time of the initial purchase, it wasnt long after that I called and got a refund. They were doing this to use peoples money for operating capital when they knew they didn’t have the parts. Partzilla was not a victim of Yamaha, Yamaha couldn’t get the parts either due to the world wide shutdown. Partzilla engaged in unethical business practice along with all the other parts houses that are all owned by the same company.

I buy all my parts from Vallely Sport and Marine in Bismarck ND.

My issue with Partzilla was they gave the impression the part was in stock and they knew it wasn’t, and I didn’t know until I called asked, but they had taken my money at the time of the initial purchase, it wasnt long after that I called and got a refund. They were doing this to use peoples money for operating capital when they knew they didn’t have the parts. Partzilla was not a victim of Yamaha, Yamaha couldn’t get the parts either due to the world wide shutdown. Partzilla engaged in unethical business practice along with all the other parts houses that are all owned by the same company.

I buy all my parts from Vallely Sport and Marine in Bismarck ND.

On the flip side if they took your money when item was in stock and price was higher - you would have been pissed.

I have had similar experience with an item appearing to be in stock, and needing to call back and inquire multiple times as to status. They are generally excellent EXCEPT if there is a delay in availability they are not proactive at informing you. I will give OP that, as that was also my experience. Forewarned is forearmed, future reader, If you part has not arrived as promised call back to find out what is going on right away. BUT I also found out generally if they don't have it on hand, it's back ordered for EVERYBODY.

On the flip side if they took your money when item was in stock and price was higher - you would have been pissed.

As long at the price charged was the same as when I ordered the part from them I would have been good with that, E.G. I knew what I was paying up front.

If I find a good dealer, meaning that they support me, then I have no problem supporting them, and so far Vallely Sport and Marine has treated me VERY well, with honest and complete answers to my questions, great service when I took my boat there for the 200 hour valve lash check and a plethora of other information has been offered up by the staff there. It is the same with my dirt bike parts, I buy all my parts from Gunnison Motorsports in Gunnison Colorado and have them shipped to my place.

If good dealerships are not supported then there is a good chance they will not be there in the long run to provide the good service and all that will be left is the bad dealers, and we have heard plenty of stories about those here.

So another thing about these parts houses. When I was looking for clean out plug rebuild kits and had the experience I explained above then started calling the different ones to make sure that the part was in stock before ordering, I got the same csr when I called two the “different“ parts houses, that is when my suspicions started rising, then I noticed that the web pages were the same but with different colors. I did find what I was looking for at dealership…

Having said all that, my first line for looking for parts is to call dealerships, and if I have to I will then call one of these parts houses but PZ et. Al. will be the last to get called and if I do have to call them I will be sure to ask if the item is indeed in stock, and I would follow up straight away if I do not get a shipping notification.

As long at the price charged was the same as when I ordered the part from them I would have been good with that, E.G. I knew what I was paying up front.

If I find a good dealer, meaning that they support me, then I have no problem supporting them, and so far Vallely Sport and Marine has treated me VERY well, with honest and complete answers to my questions, great service when I took my boat there for the 200 hour valve lash check and a plethora of other information has been offered up by the staff there. It is the same with my dirt bike parts, I buy all my parts from Gunnison Motorsports in Gunnison Colorado and have them shipped to my place.

If good dealerships are not supported then there is a good chance they will not be there in the long run to provide the good service and all that will be left is the bad dealers, and we have heard plenty of stories about those here.

So another thing about these parts houses. When I was looking for clean out plug rebuild kits and had the experience I explained above then started calling the different ones to make sure that the part was in stock before ordering, I got the same csr when I called two the “different“ parts houses, that is when my suspicions started rising, then I noticed that the web pages were the same but with different colors. I did find what I was looking for at dealership…

Having said all that, my first line for looking for parts is to call dealerships, and if I have to I will then call one of these parts houses but PZ et. Al. will be the last to get called and if I do have to call them I will be sure to ask if the item is indeed in stock, and I would follow up straight away if I do not get a shipping notification.

Of all the places that offered the rebuild kits for my cleanout plugs (many were out or on backorder), partzilla had the best price. @Beachbummer's point about calling seems to be what typically happens when people are needing something - missing that call by 2 months seems odd, and designed to prop up something that doesn't need it. Either it happened, or it didn't, and there's not a need for embellishment, as others have shown.

Another great point by @Beachbummer is that if they're out, it's system-wide, unless someone has some new old stock squirreled away.

Additionally, other businesses may be terrible at explaining, and we need to be better at questioning when we call. I ordered a chemical last August that requires hazmat shipping over 1 gallon (Diquat), and I was ordering the 2.5 gallon size. It came February 16th. Early for when it was needed (and when I expected it to finally shop), but super late for when I ordered it. Backorder of products, and no way to legally ship it. Sometimes things DO happen that are out of their control ?‍♂️

Back