• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Possible New Regulations

Wasn't there something about Lobsters in Maine recently as well?

I seriously don’t see the value in this Fox News article. The comment period on the proposed regulations closed five weeks ago. If they published the article two months ago, folks would who did not know about the proposed regulations could have been able to submit comments to the public document and each of the comments made would have been reviewed by NOAA. I would presume that anyone quoted in the piece has submitted comments and they will be reviewed and evaluated. it will be interesting to see what the final regulations say (if they are even finalized) but my guess is that NOAA has underestimated the economic impact.

Jim

Wanted to comment but couldn't seem to do it without being overly political. So, I'll just say NO!

Seems like the working industry that will take the biggest hit is sport fishing. I follow Viking Yachts on Instagram and they have been very vocal on this. Many of these boats are trying to go 50+ miles each way which would be turning a 2-4 hour round trip in to 10 hours. The fast center console market in the 35-45 foot range for fishing and recreation has also been very hot the past few years and that market will be completely shot by this proposal.

There have also been some major statistical issues pointed out in the NOAA study, one of the biggest ones being that their prediction metric uses a 10 meter draft depth for 35-65ft boats (if I'm remembering correctly).

In the end I think the biggest motivator behind this is actually decreased emissions from non-freight/cargo vessels. They can't statistically measure a decrease in whale strikes because there have been too few, but they can figure out how much less fuel was sold along the coast and make up some estimates based on that.

I seriously don’t see the value in this Fox News article. The comment period on the proposed regulations closed five weeks ago. If they published the article two months ago, folks would who did not know about the proposed regulations could have been able to submit comments to the public document and each of the comments made would have been reviewed by NOAA. I would presume that anyone quoted in the piece has submitted comments and they will be reviewed and evaluated. it will be interesting to see what the final regulations say (if they are even finalized) but my guess is that NOAA has underestimated the economic impact.

Jim

I’m pretty sure when I read about this via boat test the comment period was almost closed or was closed …. Typical

Wow - can't wait for the 365FSH with quad SVHOs.

Ate dinner on a dock in Key West on Monday, first boat in line was an Andros Offshore 32. I was surprised by how "normal" it looked for a 32' center console. Twin Yamaha 300's on the back too!

Ate dinner on a dock in Key West on Monday, first boat in line was an Andros Offshore 32. I was surprised by how "normal" it looked for a 32' center console. Twin Yamaha 300's on the back too!
Couldn't even guess what that would cost - 3 bills anyway I suppose. Having dinner in Key West sounds absolutely amazing right now. I need to book something for the Keys for Spring Break.

I’m sure that this will be like every regulation proposed by this side of the fence. Only illegal and dangerous, if you fail to pay for a little extra tax stamp of some sort. Just like pistol braces, and short barreled rifles. Too dangerous and deadly to own, unless you pay $200 bucks, then they are perfectly safe and fine. Look for a special “Go faster fee” to come in the future.

Back