• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Post up your funny MEMES (Nothing Political Please)

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A trunk is Canadian? Never heard that before. Thought everyone called it a trunk. What do you call it?
They say that if you have to explain, it's not funny, but I can see that one slipped by.

A trunk is a boot. Aboot is how Canadians sounds to us... And like Jim pointed out, languages are fun in ways we never intended, just like that joke that didn't land!:)

jeffrt

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
They say that if you have to explain, it's not funny, but I can see that one slipped by.

A trunk is a boot. Aboot is how Canadians sounds to us... And like Jim pointed out, languages are fun in ways we never intended, just like that joke that didn't land!:)
LOL Sorry a bit slow on that one! I first thought, man I've been out your way many times (in Appleton, WI), and never heard anyone call a trunk something else. Ha ha! And I think you guys have the accent!

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
LOL Sorry a bit slow on that one! I first thought, man I've been out your way many times (in Appleton, WI), and never heard anyone call a trunk something else. Ha ha! And I think you guys have the accent!
I've told this one before, but given where I'm from, when we moved to NC for a few years and someone asked me why I wasn't taking a toboggan when I went outside, I looked at them like they had 3 heads, since there wasn't ANY snow on the ground for us to use a toboggan.

I'd be interested to hear how they managed to turn a sled (toboggan) into a knit hat - which is what they're calling a toboggan.

Languages and accents are great fun to me

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I've told this one before, but given where I'm from, when we moved to NC for a few years and someone asked me why I wasn't taking a toboggan when I went outside, I looked at them like they had 3 heads, since there wasn't ANY snow on the ground for us to use a toboggan.

I'd be interested to hear how they managed to turn a sled (toboggan) into a knit hat - which is what they're calling a toboggan.

That's what we've called them for my entire 44 years of existence here in AL. Everyone doesn't call them that?

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

I still have the toboggan that we use to sled on when a kid.

Regarding hats, I thought a knit hat was a toque, but then I learned all about the Great White North from the McKensie brothers:

Jim

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Already found that one in NY. I called it "toboggan weather" on a dry day. Found out the KY/IN region is more assigned with NC than NY!

Last edited:

jeffrt

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's what we've called them for my entire 44 years of existence here in AL. Everyone doesn't call them that?
That's a new one for me! Knew about toques and beanies, but only know a toboggan as a sled. Learn something every day!