• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Powder coated box anchor color?

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So my small box anchor worked like a champ on my old SX230 but didn’t provide enough hold in windy conditions for my 242 so I’m getting the next size up. The Slide Anchor version of the box anchor is available in different powder coat colors. Does anyone have the powder coated version?

What color would be most visible in 2-3 feet of water to make it easier to see? I’m guessing red but I like the manta green.

Last edited:

David Martin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well I just lost my New Box Anchor in 3 ft of water.....any of those colors would be better than the galvanized.

Dough

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I got a blue sand spike. Has red and white trim. [flag][flag]

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Well I just lost my New Box Anchor in 3 ft of water.....any of those colors would be better than the galvanized.
That sucks. I added a lock nut to the bolt that holds the shackle on to make sure it doesn’t come apart and connected one of these directly to the anchor:

The anchor color is for helping see it a little better so people don’t step on it, the buoy can move around a bit.

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So my small box anchor worked like a champ on my old SX230 but didn’t provide enough hold in windy conditions for my 242 so I’m getting the next size up. The Slide Anchor version of the box anchor is available in different powder coat colors. Does anyone have the powder coated version?

What color would be most visible in 2-3 feet of water to make it easier to see? I’m guessing red but I like the manta green.
That combo will work well. I've been using a small box anchor off the bow and a medium off of the stern for years. It will lock your 242 in place and not budge.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
That combo will work well. I've been using a small box anchor off the bow and a medium off of the stern for years. It will lock your 242 in place and not budge.
Yup, exactly my plan. 👍

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
75D78606-1030-4B52-9331-7A4280D1F869.jpeg

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Went to order my manta green large box anchor and they were gonna charge me $62 for UPS- Ground shipping......eff that.....

Decided to get the galvanized version on Amazon - free shipping.

David Martin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just bought another Galv box from Amazon also......I'm thinking that little yellow shark may be just the thing and a lot less than 65 bucks shipping.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Went to order my manta green large box anchor and they were gonna charge me $62 for UPS- Ground shipping......eff that.....

Decided to get the galvanized version on Amazon - free shipping.
Call them and they might work with you. I’ve talked to them before and they sounded like they only begrudgingly sell on Amazon.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Already ordered the galvanized one they sell on Amazon - it arrives tomorrow.