• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Press Release for Yamaha 2024 model year information

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The joystick control alone might have the wife willing to jump from our 210 to the 255 Sport H. I already had my eyes on the bigger boat just because the layout, audio, hard top, and some usability things are much better on the newer boats... but this might sell the wife who's still struggling with docking, even with cobra fins.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The joystick control alone might have the wife willing to jump from our 210 to the 255 Sport H. I already had my eyes on the bigger boat just because the layout, audio, hard top, and some usability things are much better on the newer boats... but this might sell the wife who's still struggling with docking, even with cobra fins.
It will be even more awesome if all the features of the helm master ex that are available on the outboard version are available on the 255 H, spot lock, fish point, drift point, auto pilot and low speed troll. Fins of any manufacturer are not going to help with docking as thrust is so minimal and speeds are so low, practice, and especially practice in less than favorable conditions are what will gain proficiency and confidence. But hey! If that sells her on upgrading then thats great! The 255’s are such sexy beasts.

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It will be even more awesome if all the features of the helm master ex that are available on the outboard version are available on the 255 H, spot lock, fish point, drift point, auto pilot and low speed troll. Fins of any manufacturer are not going to help with docking as thrust is so minimal and speeds are so low, practice, and especially practice in less than favorable conditions are what will gain proficiency and confidence. But hey! If that sells her on upgrading then thats great! The 255’s are such sexy beasts.
Yeah do we know yet if those features are/aren’t available on this one?
Her problem is that most the places she’s docking or trying to get on the trailer are the busiest cluster areas in the state. She doesn’t come with on the fishing trips usually but she does like to go out on party days. And the launches are disasters with idiots throwing wake at the shore and docks all the time. So she’s never quite comfortable with the maneuvers, even though she’s the designated trailer loader when I drive. I figure this could help give her a bit more confidence at the least. She’s scared of going to an even bigger boat because she doesn’t think she can control it as well.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yeah do we know yet if those features are/aren’t available on this one?
Her problem is that most the places she’s docking or trying to get on the trailer are the busiest cluster areas in the state. She doesn’t come with on the fishing trips usually but she does like to go out on party days. And the launches are disasters with idiots throwing wake at the shore and docks all the time. So she’s never quite comfortable with the maneuvers, even though she’s the designated trailer loader when I drive. I figure this could help give her a bit more confidence at the least. She’s scared of going to an even bigger boat because she doesn’t think she can control it as well.
Totally agree with your assessment of your wife’s predicament! Its pretty scary with all the slow learners in masse at given place let alone with boats in play! She, and you, would benefit with a demo ride on one of these boats with the Hem Master. I’m sure that would boost her confidence greatly.

No we do not know yet about the functionality of the helm master beyond the joy stick control, just that alone sounds like gold to your wife and being able to control the boat. I certainly hope that Yamaha makes the full functionality of the Helm Master EX available on the 255 FSH Sport H, it would be a real game changer for that boat and the brand. A person couldn’t touch an outboard version of the 255 for less than $200K.

bkvargyas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
So based on what I've seen from pics, they added NSX simrad displays across the entire 252/255 line, got rid of the "GO" units, and it's unclear if the new CONNECTX screen software allows NMEA 2000 talking to the SIMRAD, since I can't get the two working on my 2023 255 FSH E. But I saw a engine screen on the SIMRAD in one of their promo pieces that looked like it was getting data from CONNECTX finally. I really wish I can grab engine data on my SIMRAD, if the 2024 works, I'd be willing to buy the 2024 display and try it in my 2023, since the engines are the same.

You'll also notice the helm is different then 2023, with the steel supports only going half way down to the fiberglass. I'm guessing too that it's easier to fish cables up to the top in this model, as the 2023 required an act of patience to do so.....

It would be interesting if the helm master software would allow a position hold like a trolling motor. If so, that's a telltale sign that they have SIMRAD talking to the CONNECTX system for position and control, which means motor and fuel information as well.

wouldboy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
can't understand why they didn't put the new 1.9L engines in the 275 jet boat models where they need them. anyone know why?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So based on what I've seen from pics, they added NSX simrad displays across the entire 252/255 line, got rid of the "GO" units, and it's unclear if the new CONNECTX screen software allows NMEA 2000 talking to the SIMRAD, since I can't get the two working on my 2023 255 FSH E. But I saw a engine screen on the SIMRAD in one of their promo pieces that looked like it was getting data from CONNECTX finally. I really wish I can grab engine data on my SIMRAD, if the 2024 works, I'd be willing to buy the 2024 display and try it in my 2023, since the engines are the same.

You'll also notice the helm is different then 2023, with the steel supports only going half way down to the fiberglass. I'm guessing too that it's easier to fish cables up to the top in this model, as the 2023 required an act of patience to do so.....

It would be interesting if the helm master software would allow a position hold like a trolling motor. If so, that's a telltale sign that they have SIMRAD talking to the CONNECTX system for position and control, which means motor and fuel information as well.
I don’t know much if anything about Simrad, is there a big difference / benefit to switching to the NSX?

That would be a Great Leap Forward if the connext screen / system was nmea compatible… I’ll have to go back and look at the videos to see the change in the supports you are talking about, I wonder if that opened up the walk way on either side of the helm.

bkvargyas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
can't understand why they didn't put the new 1.9L engines in the 275 jet boat models where they need them. anyone know why?
Because I believe they don't have a turbo version of the 1.9's yet. Besides, being a new engine, I would wait a few years before getting one, there are always issues that need tweeking.

bkvargyas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
I don’t know much if anything about Simrad, is there a big difference / benefit to switching to the NSX?

That would be a Great Leap Forward if the connext screen / system was nmea compatible… I’ll have to go back and look at the videos to see the change in the supports you are talking about, I wonder if that opened up the walk way on either side of the helm.
Yes, the NSX screens are 4-5 times faster, and feature modern processors and OS. The GO series came out in 2017 or 2018 I believe. Still not a bad unit if all you need is chart plotting....But I added a HALO20+ radar and 3D structure scan, and it just can't handle all of that.

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

I'm wondering if the Helm Master requires NEMA2K connectivity... and hoping that is why they'll unleash it for us... finally.