• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Press Release for Yamaha 2024 model year information

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
To be transparent, the Jetboaters didn't make it to the Yamaha preview event this year as my retirement schedule (trip to Scotland, Ireland and Canada) conflicted, and other members darn jobs got in the way! LOL

But lets discuss the changes for this year!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
In general, the new model year releases are:

1) New engines! Many of you have been asking for more power and now we have it. With 200HP (Vs the 180HP from prior model), it will push these boats to new levels....time will tell what the new top speeds are, but I suspect the jet pumps will remain as a limiting factor, and we'll be talking about single digit changes.

2) The new Helm Master EX looks really interesting.....joystick control of the boat! This will be really nice for the bigger boats with large biminis that cause wind drag, but they put it in the FSH first.....huh. I would have preferred the ability to have auto pilot vs joystick control. Hopefully autopilot is still on the books????

3) Expanding Drive X into the 252SD and 255XD boats.....nice move, but not really new development.....just trickle down of existing features into other models.

So the main new items for 2024 are new engines and Joystick control of the FSH top of the line model.....and I'm sure some new colors for the hulls! Not a big year for new stuff, but I'm sure the engineers spent a ton on the new engines!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
32 lines of "details" and four of them they spend talking about an engine cover that is CNF, 25% lighter and is creates less carbon dioxide,

we're going green so you can kill the planet for your own enjoyment of burning gasoline running around the lake,

I'd prefer to hear about how much quieter they were able to make the engine,

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Question:

Ive seen Yamaha personnel say the EX in the Helm master stands for Expandable, so will the HM master have these features that the outboards have; low speed troll, auto pilot, Spot lock and its variations of fish point, drift point, and being able to spot lock with either bow or stern into the wind? Their single engine HM EX has those features.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
32 lines of "details" and four of them they spend talking about an engine cover that is CNF, 25% lighter and is creates less carbon dioxide,

we're going green so you can kill the planet for your own enjoyment of burning gasoline running around the lake,

I'd prefer to hear about how much quieter they were able to make the engine,
They've not been able to test the new engines in "production" boats yet to get the official db readings....stay tuned for that.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Question:

Ive seen Yamaha personnel say the EX in the Helm master stands for Expandable, so will the HM master have these features that the outboards have; low speed troll, auto pilot, Spot lock and its variations of fish point, drift point, and being able to spot lock with either bow or stern into the wind? Their single engine HM EX has those features.
I've asked that one, but they don't release this sort of info until it is "official", so I seriously doubt I'll get an answer to that one! Sorry.

rlyons_ii

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I like the new color schemes and the color of the new dark mocha interior.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I've asked that one, but they don't release this sort of info until it is "official", so I seriously doubt I'll get an answer to that one! Sorry.
No worries! I appreciate you getting the info you can! Seems like the auto pilot would be simple with the Simrad on board.

Still, having the Joy stick control is huge.

I see they re routed the cooling water for the reg/rec as well for better reliability... any word on an increase in alternator output?

Also some very nice touches on some engine block re design by making intake tract longer=more torque?, easier access to engine anodes and thermostats, nice.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The joystick control does look solid. Although from a space utilization perspective, I might not have centered it in that big space so as to allow the remaining space to be used for something else....

1692023830203.png

rlyons_ii

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
They've not been able to test the new engines in "production" boats yet to get the official db readings....stay tuned for that.
I would love for someone to do a test to see how much louder or quieter the new motors are... and real world performance deltas

As far as noise goes its high on my list so you can enjoy your time on the water and hear your family and guests not screaming over your motors

After getting a jetboat first things todo list:
* Put a generous coat of wax or sealant of your choice on your new baby
* Add noise reduction to the engine bay
* If in saltwater spray down your engine with protectant

Enjoy your boat!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I would love for someone to do a test to see how much louder or quieter the new motors are... and real world performance deltas

As far as noise goes its high on my list so you can enjoy your time on the water and hear your family and guests not screaming over your motors

After getting a jetboat first things todo list:
* Put a generous coat of wax or sealant of your choice on your new baby
* Add noise reduction to the engine bay
* If in saltwater spray down your engine with protectant

Enjoy your boat!
We can all debate what the first things we do are! That's not my list.....fume detector and bilge alarm - adding safety features I think all boats should come with standard is at the top of my list.....then Stereo mods LOL

rlyons_ii

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
We can all debate what the first things we do are! That's not my list.....fume detector and bilge alarm - adding safety features I think all boats should come with standard is at the top of my list.....then Stereo mods LOL
I agree with you, didn't want to make my list too long... :)