• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rain, rain, and more rain.

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
IMG_0102.png
We needed rain but not this much all at once, we are a little North and inland of Fort Myers but still got 7-8”.

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I feel your pain, I live in Miami. The rain this week and this weekend killed my fathers day weekend plans with the boat.

Shack

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Same here in SE MN. It’s been raining all spring. Mississippi River has been flooding where we normally launch. Friend of mine went out for the first time last weekend but there were logs and debris floating everywhere. Haven’t gotten the boat out once yet! We also have rain forecasted every day for the next 10.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Same here in Central WI - the only nice days have been the week days where I'm staring out the window at work. Weekends have been cloudy and rainy. We're almost to the longest day of the year and I've only had my boat out four times. In years past I had 10-15 hours on it already!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Same here in Central WI - the only nice days have been the week days where I'm staring out the window at work. Weekends have been cloudy and rainy. We're almost to the longest day of the year and I've only had my boat out four times. In years past I had 10-15 hours on it already!
Ah, company rains…

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It was kinda like that here last year.. but the green explosion lasted all the way to fall… I just wore my rain gear more often..

Water is life…

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We desperately need rain here. Been like a desert lately. None in the Forcast either

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Won’t stop raining here - seems like a big storm at least once a week. Dodged some rain yesterday to head up the river for an overnight stay in Fremont WI. Rained all night and into this morning - trying to find a break in the rain to head home.

IMG_3340.jpeg

Sherwood

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It sucks. I got an old Army coming into town in a few days. been hyped about taking him fishing for years and the weather is looking to be pure Ass.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Tarpon Springs got some rain as well. Almost spilled over.
20240611_152421.jpg

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are eating it in the PNW as well. If it ain't raining it's windy and cold. Our last few June's have been like this but fortunately we've been boating through October in that time span.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
When all you gots is lemons… make lemonade.

While it may not be desirable, I’ve mentioned in the past about investing in some good quality rain gear, cheap rain gear sucks pure and simple.. It’s going to cost you but how much is it worth to not lose boating days because it rained? And leave that good rain gear on the boat.

I was out with a new gal friend this last weekend, when the thunderstorms started to roll in she said all other boats are leaving shouldn’t we be going too? I showed her the radar and said look, in about 30-45 mins it will be sunny and warm again, I gave her one of my extra sets of rain gear, and we sat in the helm seat under the T top while it apoured for about 20 mins.., then stopped and then the sun came out and we were back to hanging out in our swim suits. And, 90% of the people were gone..

El Niño has given way to La Niña so, at least in my region its going to be cool and probably rainy this summer, like it was last summer when El Niño was happening … the successful pivot in the face adversity, annnnnnnd make lemonade when life gives them lemons.

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Unfortionatly for us its has not been quick storms latly. Ites been all day long rain stoms, but also the wind and waves. Also when it rains here there is also usually lightning (even with the quick storms) which with an 8 foot T-top I dont want to be the tallest thing on the water.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Unfortionatly for us its has not been quick storms latly. Ites been all day long rain stoms, but also the wind and waves. Also when it rains here there is also usually lightning (even with the quick storms) which with an 8 foot T-top I dont want to be the tallest thing on the water.
Copy that!

My boat usage is different from others… I’ve been out all day in rain gear fishing, sometimes its snowing, wind, waves etc.. I also have zip in thermal liners in my rain gear (this weekend I didn’t need those) When the lightning comes around I drag up and go hide in my hidey cove until the lightning passes.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had to blow down about 1000 gallons out of my pool over the weekend. Seemed every time I would drain it, it filled right back up.
Our pool drains automatically when it gets over full, never saw this on pools up north but it seems very common here

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Our pool drains automatically when it gets over full, never saw this on pools up north but it seems very common here
I wish I had the overflow drain on my pool. All I have is the track laid in the pavers to drain the water off the patio and out of the lanai in the event the pool overflows.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Over here on the space coast we haven't been getting all that rain and are extremely jealous. We hadn't gotten rain for like 6 months. We just started to get some bits of rain this week, but our lake is probably 5 feet below normal level.