• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rear boarding ladder - Yamaha

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey fella boaters, favor to ask. Can you please supply a picture of what your rear boarding ladder looks like? Specifically the rails on the mount. See below, my rails are a little wavy and not parallel causing the ladder to not slide smoothly.

I don’t believe that is how they should be.

IMG_1832.jpeg

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Those are bent mine are perfectly straight . Use two adjustable wrenches tighten onto the metal and give it some love, bend it back straight. Someone showed me this and have used it to fix plenty of metal pieces that were bent or needed some adjustment.

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Those are bent mine are perfectly straight . Use two adjustable wrenches tighten onto the metal and give it some love, bend it back straight. Someone showed me this and have used it to fix plenty of metal pieces that were bent or needed some adjustment.
thanks for the confirmation. Someome tried moving the trailer with the ladder down.

are you suggesting channel locks, or more like vice grips? Trying to follow your suggestion.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
thanks for the confirmation. Someome tried moving the trailer with the ladder down.

are you suggesting channel locks, or more like vice grips? Trying to follow your suggestion.
I think he means “crescent” wrenches. Probably 10”’ones although 12” would allow a deeper grip.

IMG_3645.jpeg

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yes that's it they work better than vice grips due to the flat surface area and tend not to damage the surface they don't need to be tight but allow great leverage to bend metal. Try it out and maybe buy the, "cresecnt brand" if you want that branding but most people usaully have an adjustable wrench kicking around the house two work better to manipulate the metal.

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Got it, I have a few in the garage now and think I understand how to address.

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If the above doesn't work it's not too hard to remove the ladder from the mount (while still mounted to the boat) and grind the channel out to ease the binding. Had to do this to mine....twice (face palm).

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The above, worked on one side, the other side I am struggling to get the “wave” out of the mount. Not sure how making the channel larger will help, as the ladder is binding due to getting getting pinched between the two brackets.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
FYI - if your ladder if made by Windline it comes with a limited lifetime warranty. I’ve replaced two with Windline, one just cost me shipping the other Windline sold me for about half off of retail/yamaha sports plaza’s price.

alternatively, I have one for sale from a 2017 ar 240.
$100 plus actual shipping and packaging costs.

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Ronnie - Thanks for reaching out. I was actually thinking of sending you a DM, but you beat me to it. Does the ladder frame just screw into the hull, or does it have washers/nuts on the backside?

BTW, it does appear to be a Windline, appreciate that info!

knoxboatin

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The ladder will never be the same but you can probably fool with it to be usable. Let's just all agree that ladders are "wear items" on these boats so we don't have to feel bad about bending the crap out of them. ;-) Makes me feel good anyways.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Ronnie - Thanks for reaching out. I was actually thinking of sending you a DM, but you beat me to it. Does the ladder frame just screw into the hull, or does it have washers/nuts on the backside?

BTW, it does appear to be a Windline, appreciate that info!
The ladder just bolts directly to the hull via embedded nuts. There may be washers between the frame and bolts but I don’t think so. Still, I’d put some on blaster or wd40 on them before trying to remove the bolts (it would suck to strip the fiberglass around the embedded nut).

I told Windline that I bent two ladders by backing the trailer while it was down. Windline covered the first one and discounted the second one. in both cases the ladder came complete with rung and end caps. I can’t recall for sure but think i just may have upgraded the second ladder so that I have an additional rung.