• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Rear boarding ladder - Yamaha

I have a ready replacement with the useless-to-me front ladder, but after this past weekend and seeing @FSH 210 Sport's rear boarding ladder, I almost want to replace mine with the style he has. Mine is what seems to be the typical type that's secured with the rubber strap. The strap starts to crack and requires replacement, but isn't too expensive, and I can buy a LOT of straps for what I'm sure that ladder would cost. Maybe all those people who say "You're so hard to buy presents for because you buy everything you want before we can even ask you" will read this (after I text it to them).

@FSH 210 Sport post up a pic of yours. No strap, all metal, just tension and maybe a spring? VERY nice design, but I'm certain it's gonna cost more than a new rubber strap.

There are springs in the upper sections that provide spring tension to hold everything in place.

D59DDDEC-066B-4B2B-8B9C-2B0862233C91.jpeg

CE5DBC56-1E45-4AF7-999E-8F9501122F7D.jpeg

I’m sure you’ll be able to buy A LOT of straps for the cost of the ladder that came on my boat!

What makes the front ladder on your boat useless ?

There are springs in the upper sections that provide spring tension to hold everything in place.

View attachment 224926

View attachment 224927

I’m sure you’ll be able to buy A LOT of straps for the cost of the ladder that came on my boat!

Pro tip on the new style ladders, you can tweak the tooth slightly where the ladder hooks into the rail for storage in order to make the release and storage of the ladder perfect.

I found that, when my ladder was stored, the port "finger or knob" that hooks into the ladder rail was rubbing slightly on the "tooth." I tweaked the tooth out slightly to give the finger a bit more room, and now my ladder can be operated by a child in the water to get it out and back in.

The bottom step (maybe 2 steps) are all that make it into the water, so it's easily a 2' or higher step up to even get your foot on the bottom, and then it starts to angle under the bow if you can get your foot on it.

I'm also not a fan of people coming in off the bow anyway, and eventually want to open up that area slightly to store a fender or 2 in there and have it actually be a useful storage spot

Pro tip on the new style ladders, you can tweak the tooth slightly where the ladder hooks into the rail for storage in order to make the release and storage of the ladder perfect.

I found that, when my ladder was stored, the port "finger or knob" that hooks into the ladder rail was rubbing slightly on the "tooth." I tweaked the tooth out slightly to give the finger a bit more room, and now my ladder can be operated by a child in the water to get it out and back in.
We have the same boat/ladder and I struggle with that S.O.B. So did you just bend the "Frankenstein neck bolts" or some other kind of adjustment. Makes me nervous bending those "neck bolts". That's the only complaint I've got about my 212S is the ladder and the eng noise (from time to time) but I knew that going in. Fyi just hit 400hrs and shes always brought me back to the dock.

We have the same boat/ladder and I struggle with that S.O.B. So did you just bend the "Frankenstein neck bolts" or some other kind of adjustment. Makes me nervous bending those "neck bolts". That's the only complaint I've got about my 212S is the ladder and the eng noise (from time to time) but I knew that going in. Fyi just hit 400hrs and shes always brought me back to the dock.
He is talking about the fixed plates on either side. Just use a crescent wrench to bend them so the Frankenstein things fit in between them better.

I'm also not a fan of people coming in off the bow anyway, and eventually want to open up that area slightly to store a fender or 2 in there and have it actually be a useful storage spot
It makes a great cooler when insulated and I use a 4 flute plug (used to be a pipefitter) in the anchor locker drain.

Thanks for this. Going to try adjusting this next time I’m out. Mine can definitely NOT be operated by a child currently…

Back