• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Recommendation for Fish finder

Tham12005

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We just purchased a 21 foot FSH boat and now need to pick a fish finder. We have never owned one before so looking for one that is easy to use (he’s not a computer guy) but has all of the features we would need and a large screen. Looking to spend up to $1,000. Boat is on Oneida lake in Upstate NY.

Last edited:

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
We just purchased a 21 foot FSH boat and now need to pick a fish finder. We have never owned one before so looking for one that is easy to use (he’s not a computer guy) but has all of the features we would need and a large screen. Boat is on Oneida lake in Upstate NY.
I have a Humminbird Solix 10” mounted on a RAM / gimbal mount, I’m very happy with it. I’m happy with the 10” screen, but there are other units with up to a 15” screen, but the 10” is about as large as can be flush mounted. I opted for the RAM / gimbal mount so I can move it around for the best viewing anywhere on the boat, I can even spin it around so that it faces forward and can be seen from the bow.

There will be a steep learning curve for most of the fish finders on the market these days. What I like about the Humminbird unit is that it ties in well with my Ulterra Trolling motor, don’t know if you and your husband will be buying a trolling motor or not but this unit is pretty amazing and easy to use-again learning curve there but it is well worth it.

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
We just purchased a 21 foot FSH boat and now need to pick a fish finder. We have never owned one before so looking for one that is easy to use (he’s not a computer guy) but has all of the features we would need and a large screen. Looking to spend up to $1,000. Boat is on Oneida lake in Upstate NY.
I just finished flush-mounting a Garmin Echomap 93Sv. I was going to copy FSH 210 Sport’s mount, but my wife didn’t want to look over/around/through the big screen (which I completely understand). If you guys want to see how it looks and works, and how the install went, I’m only about 40 minutes away.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I just finished flush-mounting a Garmin Echomap 93Sv. I was going to copy FSH 210 Sport’s mount, but my wife didn’t want to look over/around/through the big screen (which I completely understand). If you guys want to see how it looks and works, and how the install went, I’m only about 40 minutes away.
Respectfully, that’s the beauty of the RAM mount, it can be positioned low or high or at any angle. I’ve had it laid over to the left with its top even with the dash before..

14B992D3-6128-412A-9FED-58B187785541.jpeg

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I did the Simrad Go9 on mine flush mounted as it looks stock that way. With the Total Scan 3 in 1 Transducer you have Fish Finder, Side scan and down scan as well as GPS mapping. Everything is touch screen, super easy to use.

Attachments

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Respectfully, that’s the beauty of the RAM mount, it can be positioned low or high or at any angle. I’ve had it laid over to the left with its top even with the dash before..

View attachment 173924
Trust me, i'm a huge fan of the way you mounted it. But when my wife (who gets car sick easily) says "I think it will bother me there"...I mount it where she asks me to mount it.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Trust me, i'm a huge fan of the way you mounted it. But when my wife (who gets car sick easily) says "I think it will bother me there"...I mount it where she asks me to mount it.
Copy that!

Malligood24

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I did the Simrad Go9 on mine flush mounted as it looks stock that way. With the Total Scan 3 in 1 Transducer you have Fish Finder, Side scan and down scan as well as GPS mapping. Everything is touch screen, super easy to use.
Did you have to buy an extra transducer with a Y cable so it would get a signal and function at 40+ mph? A dealer is recommending that for me but I cannot find the parts anywhere in stock for the Lowrance Hook Reveal 9… I may have to buy a different make and model…

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Did you have to buy an extra transducer with a Y cable so it would get a signal and function at 40+ mph? A dealer is recommending that for me but I cannot find the parts anywhere in stock for the Lowrance Hook Reveal 9… I may have to buy a different make and model…
No, just using a single transducer. Haven't had an issue with reads and any speed.

Malligood24

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
No, just using a single transducer. Haven't had an issue with reads and any speed.
How’s that model as a Fishfinder? I bought the Lowrance bc it is a stellar fish locater with 3d imaging .. how does the Simrod do in that department?

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I not a fish finder nerd but it works for what I need. Although I only use in the keys and it's impossible to not find fish with or without a fish finder.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
How’s that model as a Fishfinder? I bought the Lowrance bc it is a stellar fish locater with 3d imaging .. how does the Simrod do in that department?
Simrad and Lowrance are both Navco companies. Simrad used to get the advanced features before Lowrance. But now Simrad is designed more for offshore and marine automation where as Lowrance is better known for inland fishing. Either perform well for your purposes

Bottom Bracket

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The Bass Pro here has a circular display with fish finders running in demo mode.
Inside the circle is a nice young man that talks about fish finders all day long.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
This is what I put on my SX195
Garmin Striker Vivid 7sv, Easy-to-Use 7-inch Color Fishfinder and Sonar Transducer, Vivid Scanning Sonar Color Palettes (010-02553-00) Amazon.com