• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Shoreland’r Tires

robby76

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Your 0.02 cents very well taken. Will check on all the above. Will say my new tires are bias D’s.
My main concern is having a blow out. The road to the lake is 7 miles two lane no shoulder no place to pull over over a tire failure. The radials do give you more load capacity over regular bias.
I do appreciate you bringing up those points to look into. As for getting straight into water upon arriving, took me 45 minutes getting cover off, loading what I had on truck onto boat, unstrapping, then head towards dock lanes.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Your 0.02 cents very well taken. Will check on all the above. Will say my new tires are bias D’s.
My main concern is having a blow out. The road to the lake is 7 miles two lane no shoulder no place to pull over over a tire failure. The radials do give you more load capacity over regular bias.
I do appreciate you bringing up those points to look into. As for getting straight into water upon arriving, took me 45 minutes getting cover off, loading what I had on truck onto boat, unstrapping, then head towards dock lanes.
Got it! if those are ply, I would switch to radials immediately, the difference is tangible when pulling those Shorlandr trailers with radials!
I recall years ago having had this conversation with @Bruce about switching to radials, how we both noticed we could manually push and turn our boats on trailers after switching to radials, such great is the difference in rolling resistance between R and D I guess.
I would think the only reason to keep ply tires would be if one trailers primarily at low speeds on unpaved or very rough pavement, or launching where there are no ramps etc.

--

robby76

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Well today I made to my local Discount tire to buy two radial tires to replace my new bias tires on my new boat. Did checheck the air pressure ( 55#s each) at which max load is 1800#’s each which should handle the bacon. With them HOT on an 11 mile run I’m leary of keeping them on. Better safe than sorry.
Was going to go with Maxis but the Goodyear’s were Load Range D. The Black Friday promos were for a set of 4 tires. I stated and pleaded my case on 2 tires and got a great deal. Would have been a better one if the government fees weren’t there but they were. I will be jacking boat up onto cinder blocks and a 2X6 to get wheels/tires into town for mounting. No way am I bringing into town my boat. It has no business in town.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
These are the bias ply Carlisle tires my 2020 FSH Sport came with. On the 600 mile journey home they were smooth as silk, as well as a few trips to the lake and back.

However, I started to get a vibration, especially when the tires were cold.. I looked and found that they were bias ply tires... reminded me of camping with my Dad in his truck in mountains when it was cold.. would always get the bias tire flat spot thump until they warmed up.

I found that the pressure was low and corrected it to 50 psi.. that helped a bunch, but still have a bit of vibration when they’re cold.

The main reason I’ll stick with these tires for now is the speed rating. Most ST tires have a speed rating of 65 mph max. These Carlisle‘s have a speed rating of 80+ mph. I do not tow at 80 mph... however I would like to tow at 65 mph or even 70 mph. I’ve not had good luck with just about any modern ST tire, and went with Michelin XPS RIB tires on my toy hauler which eliminated the phantom blow outs. Just to be clear I am pretty good about checking my rig before travel, even as to go so far as to run my hands around the back sides of tires looking for bubbles. In addition to maintaining the suggested change out of rv tires that are three years old from their manufacture date.

The Goodyears sound pretty good. Anyone know what the speed rating of those tires are?

B6431013-9A7A-4A18-9248-7DC587920990.jpeg07721338-FB25-4AFB-87ED-DA3E43FF9257.png

robby76

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just got a set of two yesterday 215/75R14 D GoodYear Endurance and speed rating was 108N SPEED RATING UP TO 87 MPH'.
I believe thats the Best tire money can buy at the moment.
"For excellent control at freeway speeds, these trailer tires feature an N speed rating (rated for speeds up to 87mph)"Good_Year_.jpg