• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
1480115609683-980791597.jpg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My Son's team yesterday as they qualified for the Junior Olympic Cross Country Championships to be conducted in Hoover, Alabama early next month.
DSC_0671.JPG DSC_0692.JPG

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No boating pics or spectacular sunsets today, just an afternoon of maintenance on the truck. Put in new upper and lower balljoints, the lower was pretty bad.1201161416.jpgthe top was ok but replaced it any way1201161439.jpgThe tow rig will be good for an alignment after I replace the inner and outer tie rod ends tomorrow morning.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
No boating pics or spectacular sunsets today, just an afternoon of maintenance on the truck. Put in new upper and lower balljoints, the lower was pretty bad.View attachment 48940the top was ok but replaced it any wayView attachment 48941The tow rig will be good for an alignment after I replace the inner and outer tie rod ends tomorrow morning.
No substitute for the right tool on that job.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Big Shasta That ball joint press has worked well for the last 25 years on jeep cherokees to my many trucks. And the right tool to operate it eluded me for almost an hour, a 13/16" socket was missing.:banghead: Located a spark plug socket and used it. A big ballpeen hammer is the only tool to remove the lower ball joint. I took out my anger of the missing socket on that lower ball joint and it came out after several vocal swings. Pressed new in and put back together.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
On our way to snowboard for the second time this season. Stopped for the first time at a place highly rated on yelp for breakfast. The place is filled to capacity with about 60 patrons inside and others eating outside in the cold morning air. Out of the blue my teenage son whispers too me, "two of these things are not like the others, not even the staff". I don't know what to say other than he is right and it doesn't matter. Well it wouldn't of the younger kids would stop staring at us.
IMG_7823.JPG IMG_7822.JPG

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That's one way to get all the water out of the bilge. :eek:

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Looks like a good surfing angle to me.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Bill D Glad I did not have to go that far up to get mine out.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last edited:

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@swatski Id say that is extreme. That jack is pretty awesome, glad I did not need it.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Okay, what's going on here? :confused:

Honestly, my first thought was: "Oh, no...! @zipper has taken 'must lift the bow to drain your bilge' advice a little too far". But then I realized -- the color of the hull did not match his boat. Sigh of relief.

--
That's how they display a boat at the boat show. It's a hydraulic hoist type deal.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My local chap dealer always has one staged up this way out front.

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Hockey night in Chicago.

IMG_1097.JPG IMG_0210.JPG IMG_0215.JPG Got to see the 6 bulls trophies also on display.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's how they display a boat at the boat show. It's a hydraulic hoist type deal.
Of course! Thank you, makes sense. I was not thinking, it looked like a parking lot to me, LOL.
Now that you said that, I recall seeing those indoor, but maybe not that extreme.

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Merry Xmas everyone!
Mommy's out of town, daddy and the gang went to work:
upload_2016-12-4_22-44-6.png

upload_2016-12-4_22-45-11.png

upload_2016-12-4_22-45-50.png

--

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@ripler Its amazing what resorts can do when they have snow making equipment. Brown everywhere else except the trail you are on. We had 6" of natural snow thru Thanksgiving but melted last week. Snowing hard right now though, a lot of resorts are open up here, because of snow guns.whitefaceview.jpgMy view of Whiteface mountain earlier in the season. Its all white now.1205160934.jpgThis mornings view of the deck and swimming pool.

Last edited:

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@zipper This resort was open Thanksgiving weekend, but it was too foggy to ski. Problem was that this and 1 other trail open and the made made snow was horrible. We actually left this resort and went to it's sister resort which is only 20 minutes away and the snow was way better there, they use a different snow gun technology. The same family runs 3 resorts within 30 minutes of each other and with our season pass we can ski all 3 of them.