• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@2nazt I have thought about snowmobiles, but the snow depths vary so much around here, you may get only 30 days use in a season. We do use a polaris ranger 800 xp utv with tracks when the snow gets to deep for tires and chains, gets used year round.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Using re-bar ties to tie the maple sap main lines to the high tensile wire that supports them from tree to tree through out the woods. We tie all the lines 1", 1 1/4" and 1 1/2" every 24 inches to support them so they will not sag under the weight of the sap this spring, just added 5000 taps and I have 30,000 l.f. of mainline to tie. I'll be a while.1206161037.jpgThis tool works pretty good.1206161024.jpgTied a couple thousand feet today.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Using re-bar ties to tie the maple sap main lines to the high tensile wire that supports them from tree to tree through out the woods. We tie all the lines 1", 1 1/4" and 1 1/2" every 24 inches to support them so they will not sag under the weight of the sap this spring, just added 5000 taps and I have 30,000 l.f. of mainline to tie. I'll be a while.View attachment 49079This tool works pretty good.View attachment 49080Tied a couple thousand feet today.
@zipper .. Whats those sunshades you have hanging down from your bimini top? And do you have a close up pic?

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ummm...guess I should have left an explanation so as not to incite reckless speculation. I am currently working on a church and was up on a boom lift and saw an interesting view. So I pulled out my phone and took a picture.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@bronze_10 The sunshade was custom made at our request when we had our bimini redone and bow and cockpit covers made. I can take pictures tomorrow and post. They made a pattern for it as we only had one made and like it so much we will have another made in spring. The business is Cloth n Canvas in Colchester Vt. She does really good work. There were Two different screen densities to choose from. It zips to our bimini across the top and uses bungies on the bottom attaching to the tower.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@bronze_10 The sunshade was custom made at our request when we had our bimini redone and bow and cockpit covers made. I can take pictures tomorrow and post. They made a pattern for it as we only had one made and like it so much we will have another made in spring. The business is Cloth n Canvas in Colchester Vt. She does really good work. There were Two different screen densities to choose from. It zips to our bimini across the top and uses bungies on the bottom attaching to the tower.
i like it!!

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@bronze_10 Here are a few pictures from September and today. The tab half of the zipper is sewn into the bimini, the bungies wrap around the tower and lock around the balls.09boatprofile.jpgsunshade.jpgA larger version of my sig. pic.1207160742.jpg 1207160740.jpg 1207160740a.jpg 1207161015.jpgWe did not use much last season as we did not get it until mid Sept. Sure they will be welcome in July and August. We like two because we do swing on one anchor occasionally and adds a little bit of privacy.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So they installed a zipper on both sides of the bimini?
Yes, both sides and also installed zippers to take the bimini off the frame instead of sliding it off like my old grey factory one.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@bronze_10 Here are a few pictures from September and today. The tab half of the zipper is sewn into the bimini, the bungies wrap around the tower and lock around the balls.View attachment 49088A larger version of my sig. pic.View attachment 49089 View attachment 49090 View attachment 49091 View attachment 49092We did not use much last season as we did not get it until mid Sept. Sure they will be welcome in July and August. We like two because we do swing on one anchor occasionally and adds a little bit of privacy.
I tell you those traditional towers have their huge advantages! (over the reverse arch newer design)

--

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Condenser Fan controller board on my outside AC unit at 945pm. Not a good night at our house. Was a little warm and wife was a little mad. Overnight parts coming in today. Hope that is all that is wrong. Sure beats paying for a service call. IMG_1332.JPG

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Condenser Fan controller board on my outside AC unit at 945pm. Not a good night at our house. Was a little warm and wife was a little mad. Overnight parts coming in today. Hope that is all that is wrong. Sure beats paying for a service call. View attachment 49107
Hope that is it. Around here we seem to have a lot of starting capacitor failures.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hope that is it. Around here we seem to have a lot of starting capacitor failures.
The motor was not trying to spin at all. I tapped the relay and it took right off. Then it sparked and the magic left the box and the fan shut off.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The motor was not trying to spin at all. I tapped the relay and it took right off. Then it sparked and the magic left the box and the fan shut off.
Sounds like you have it figured out. Hoping the wife soon happy again.