• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

scot71

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well, this is what I saw Friday. :( Let's just say, it was a bone head move on my part but everyone involved was OK.
Not a good day to say the least.
20161216_161437.jpg

Last edited:

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Emma asked to gather mistletoe. Guess I need to be on the lookout for boys.

View attachment 49246
When the first serious boyfriend comes over to pick her up just do this. When he opens the door toss him a shotgun shell, then once he looks at you tell him the next one will be coming a hell of a lot faster if he does anything stupid or hurts your baby!!

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well... guess my boating season is over...

Ignore the shrinkwrapped boat that has been parked on my lower lot for months. :)

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Hope that is it. Around here we seem to have a lot of starting capacitor failures.
Same here. I paid for that repair ONCE (I think it was like 175.00 visit on the weekend. He left me the bad one and I bought a spare. When the compressor won't kick on, I install the spare and buy another one. I know I've done that at least 4 times since i've had that unit about 10 years.

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looking for squirrels....
20161218_093359.jpg

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Finally upgraded the house toolbox. Traded in 4 other boxes. Ironically enough, it's the exact same box I used to own for work (4 years ago), and still had some of my stickers on it. 84" Cornwell Custom.

IMG_0594.jpg

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My office has turned into a shipping center for the last two weeks, sending Xmas gifts to troops in Afganistan. We are just taking turns, I think this is the last batch!
upload_2016-12-20_22-7-53.pngupload_2016-12-20_22-6-45.png

--

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Camouflaged 242 in my back yard. The shrink wrap blends right in with the the snow.

IMG_0021.JPG

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So it begins finally. I think the switch and circuit breaker needed replacing. Also why non marine wire and fastners are bad.

IMG_1381.JPG IMG_1383.JPG IMG_1386.JPG

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
So it begins finally. I think the switch and circuit breaker needed replacing. Also why non marine wire and fastners are bad.

View attachment 49335 View attachment 49336 View attachment 49337
WOW...I would coat those connections in dielectric grease.

I always think about these types of guys when I think I'm having a tough day at work....at my desk. Good hard working Men!...much respect....(ow my back)

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
WOW...I would coat those connections in dielectric grease
That is the plan. The switch crumbled when unscrewed and there was no nut or thread left on the circuit breaker. It will look pretty and new when I'm done and scrub the bilge some too and check all wires and fittings.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is the plan. The switch crumbled when unscrewed and there was no nut or thread left on the circuit breaker. It will look pretty and new when I'm done and scrub the bilge some too and check all wires and fittings.
Looks like you will need to borrow @Mainah's tinning cauldron, hahaha.

--

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nothing fancy, just a jetboil with 1/4" aluminum plate and a large copper pipe cap with solder in it. Works fast.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Another ski day at a different resort today, I'm lucky enough to live within 1 1/2 hours of 4 resorts, my season pass allows me to ski 3 of them.20161223_101736.jpg

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@veedubtek That is a beautiful Thing. It brings back back childhood memories from 40+ years ago. As my fathers gopher in his garage we had many scenes similar. We shortened a karman ghias floor pan by 11" and placed a hand laid fiberglass dune buggy body on it. It had a 356c engine with big mods and a tortion bar he made at IBM. Rear mods also on transaxle to keep on the asphalt. Even with street tires it took fastest time of day at an SCCA race at a 1/3 mile oval, beat some pretty impressive cars and had a lot of people looking under it after. So what happened to that beautiful thing? Engine or tranny?